New X758 Coming

/ New X758 Coming #11  
I have the front dethatcher. It is effective. I got it with the extensions to make it 60" wide. Easy to install/remove. Easy to change the depth of "dig" by adjusting the gauge wheels with an allen wrench. When you use it along with the mower deck, you also loosen and chop up the thatch. Only issue is the width of the unit -- when going over uneven ground it will float over the low spots and dig up the highs. Pretty pricey (but what add-on from JD isn't).

I also have a dethatcher that is 3ph. It is slick, since my X595 and X748 both have the 3ph, and I can adjust the height/dig depth to anything from a light skim to a real hard dig-up. It's available on-line in two lengths. The cross-bars are a little light and will bend if you catch it on a tree or post (of course i did this less than 2 hrs into using it).

Last edited:
   / New X758 Coming #12  
I have a dethatcher, plug aerator, and lawn sweeper. After I dethatch I sweep the lawn. Then aerate.

/ New X758 Coming
Ok, I think I'll just get it with the mounting frame. After I get it, may work on modifying it to hydraulic lift. Thanks for the input...

/ New X758 Coming #14  
The dethatcher is a good companion with the aerator. But, you really want to vacuum the thatch. So, ideally: thatch,mow, and vacuum all at once. Then aerator. I have to do them separately. Going over the whole 3 to 4 times in one day is not fun. The front mount dethatcher with a vacuum is the best way to go.

And, no the front quick hitch is not compatible with the deck because they use the same hooks on the front of the tractor.

/ New X758 Coming #15  
Also, get the 3PH now and let the dealer install. It's a PITA to put on.

/ New X758 Coming #16  

Attachments

• Ford Truck 181.jpg
    Ford Truck 181.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 1,860
   / New X758 Coming
Thanks for info on thatcher and 3pt. Well, I went and got it yesterday evening. 5x10 enclosed trailer and pickup bed full of stuff! Will work on assembly this weekend. Now, instead of the snow blade, I wish I had gotten the "monsoon removal system". Pic's soon.

Thanks again for all of the advice and information. Certainly helped me make a decision.
Chris

/ New X758 Coming #18  
Thanks for info on thatcher and 3pt. Well, I went and got it yesterday evening. 5x10 enclosed trailer and pickup bed full of stuff! Will work on assembly this weekend. Now, instead of the snow blade, I wish I had gotten the "monsoon removal system". Pic's soon.

Yeah, you may want to add a floatation system right now....

/ New X758 Coming #19  

Thanks again for all of the advice and information. Certainly helped me make a decision.
Chris

I hope you have a dry place to work down there (I grew up in Giles County).

/ New X758 Coming #20  
Sounds like a nice rig. Only thing I'd rethink is the size of the bagger. Was there a reason for going with the smaller bagger? You're plenty of tractor there to handle the the 3 bin bagger.