New X758 Coming

/ New X758 Coming #31  
Cool. I haven't worked any for the Town but I think I know who you are talking about. Works for Public Works also.. Rick maybe.....

Yep. Rick. Pretty good memory there.

/ New X758 Coming #32  
That's a sweet thatcher setup.

/ New X758 Coming #33  
Yeah, that is a great thatcher setup. When I thatched at my old place (where I had a nice enough lawn to care for) I had a tow behind thatcher, so I'd spend a couple laps on that, and then hookup the tow-behind sweeper which only did a fair job picking up the thatch, so I'd still have to rake in spots. Would be awesome to do everything in one pass.

/ New X758 Coming #34  
IMG_0098.JPG
Oh, and the lone straggler..

I like the way the sprayer sits up tight on the tractor. But, it's not big enough for me. I went with a 40 gallon femco, 10' boom on the 3PH. I welded a spring rewind spool of 50 feet of hose for the hand spray and welded on a piece of pipe to hold the wand. Those clippy things suck.

/ New X758 Coming #35  
I prefer to blow my deck and tractor off with air pressure. Keeps it dry and easy if done after EVERY mowing.

I use a a blow gun on the air compressor too. I might wash them with the hose once or twice a year to get the dust and such the air won't touch.

/ New X758 Coming #36  
I'm surprised that nobody has already suggested this but I blow my machine off with my leaf blower. It's usually on hand when I'm doing lawn work and does a nice job.

Mike.

Last edited:
   / New X758 Coming #37  
Same here ---- backpack blower does a great job.....two - three washes and waxings a year - the rest.... blow it off after use and keep her dry, much better that way in the long run.

/ New X758 Coming #38  
Same here ---- backpack blower does a great job.....two - three washes and waxings a year - the rest.... blow it off after use and keep her dry, much better that way in the long run.

I wash my mowers about once a year and use the blower the rest of the time. After washing I immediately blow the crap out of every crack:laughing: to get as much water off as possible. Then grease all bearings when done.

/ New X758 Coming
Hey I am back for more valuable advice!

I mowed a few times last fall and I think I'd like to try mulching this year. However, there are times I'd like to bag instead and then later in the year, just side discharge. The Mulch Control Kit looks interesting. So I think I will get it. However, one question so I can see what the budget needs to be.

Does the Mulch Control Kit (BM26300 for 54HC) REQUIRE the 54HC Mulch Kit also (BM23977)?? I just can't find any info on this or any parts lists for the BM26300 because I guess it is fairly new. Of course I can call a dealer, and will do that if i have to, but sometimes I find with a little research, I know more than they do :)

Thanks for any guidance.

Chris

/ New X758 Coming
FYI for anyone searching for this, the BM26300 (for 54" deck) contains everything needed. Blades, baffles, discharge door, etc. Pretty simple to install. Will see how it works..