New X758 Coming

/ New X758 Coming #21  
Chris,
Did you get this put together yet? You will like this mower and should be able to get lots done with it.

/ New X758 Coming
Ok everyone, sorry for the absence. Work work work as "the gov" would say...

Thanks again for all the suggestions and best wishes. So I'll try to pick up where I left off.

And, no the front quick hitch is not compatible with the deck because they use the same hooks on the front of the tractor.

Actually with this model, may not be true with others, you can have the mid-mount deck and front hitch on at the same time. Not sure why I'd ever want to, but you can.

Also, get the 3PH now and let the dealer install. It's a PITA to put on.

Man, I believe you! I doubt I'll ever get it but if I do, I'll just have to suck it up.

Yeah, you may want to add a floatation system right now....
I hope you have a dry place to work down there (I grew up in Giles County).

Thanks, yes I did have the garage to work in. Was very nice and peaceful with the rain all weekend and working out there. Love Giles County. I work there one day per week for the County Administration/Sheriff/etc on their I.T. needs. Great group of folks. Where did you live over there?

Sounds like a nice rig. Only thing I'd rethink is the size of the bagger. Was there a reason for going with the smaller bagger? You're plenty of tractor there to handle the the 3 bin bagger.

Thank you. Yes, the smaller bagger was intentional due to the small size of my lot(s). However, after actually getting it together, it is smaller than I thought it would be. I like the fact that it will be small, easily maneuverable and easy to empty but now after seeing it, might would have preferred the larger one. Oh well, will live with it now.

Chris, Did you get this put together yet? You will like this mower and should be able to get lots done with it.

Thank you. Yes I got it together last weekend. Just been working a lot this week and didn't get to reply. back.

Pics to follow in just a bit.

Thanks again to everyone and have a great weekend.
Chris

/ New X758 Coming #23  
Love Giles County. I work there one day per week for the County Administration/Sheriff/etc on their I.T. needs. Great group of folks. Where did you live over there?

Chris

I grew up in Pearisburg. I have many relatives still in the county. One of my best friends is the town engineer.

/ New X758 Coming #24  
Love Giles County. I work there one day per week for the County Administration/Sheriff/etc on their I.T. needs. Great group of folks. Where did you live over there?

Chris

I grew up in Pearisburg. I have many relatives still in the county. One of my best friends is the town engineer.

/ New X758 Coming
OK, a few pics.

Beginning

DSC00860 - Copy.JPGDSC00862 - Copy.JPG

Last edited:
   / New X758 Coming
After about 6 hours. Still missing one thatcher extension. Should arrive any day.

Attachments

• DSC00865 - Copy.JPG
    DSC00865 - Copy.JPG
    856.1 KB · Views: 847
  • DSC00881 - Copy.JPG
    DSC00881 - Copy.JPG
    857.5 KB · Views: 1,076
  • DSC00893 - Copy.JPG
    DSC00893 - Copy.JPG
    942.5 KB · Views: 382
   / New X758 Coming
Oh, and the lone straggler..

Attachments

• 20151010_135526.jpg
    20151010_135526.jpg
    427.9 KB · Views: 328
   / New X758 Coming

Cool. I haven't worked any for the Town but I think I know who you are talking about. Works for Public Works also.. Rick maybe.....

/ New X758 Coming
One last thing to wrap this up. I can't say enough good things about Anderson Lawn and Garden in Rocky Mount. Super to deal with, excellent pricing, delivered what they said they would, put up with my 10,000 requests for quotes and options... Just all around good experience.

/ New X758 Coming #30  
Nice Rig!! On the older 4X5 series of machines, it was true - the mowing deck and front quick-hitch could not be mounted at the same time because both attachments used the same hooks on the frame. The new style X-series quick-hitches do not have that limitation anymore. Both attachments can be mounted at the same time.

I think one of the things that perpetuates this myth is that an old style 4X5 quick-hitch will work even on a machine as new as yours. If you had an old quick-hitch, then yes, you'd be stuck dumping the mower deck if you needed to put the blade on.

Looks like you got a nice setup there! Enjoy it!!