Nice innovation from ford.

Torvy

Veteran Member
Tractor
Looking to purchase a Compact Tractor in 30-50 HP range.
Ok, here it comes. Note how many safety innovations the government has required all manufacturers to use...seatbelts, ABS, air bags, etc. So it is just a matter of time until they do the same...next step after that? Your truck will not function if it is overloaded. You heard it here first. :)

OP
jjeff

jjeff

Gold Member
Tractor
kubota l2850, kubota l4150
Well I'm assuming it would help to let you know how much to tongue weight you have on your trailer. Ie 4 bars to much. So you could adjust the load accordingly. Some areas, scales aren't available. Didn't post this as a political government overregulation 😂. But I can see how this would be handy for someone loading a trailer in the middle of nowhere.

civilian

Veteran Member
Tractor
Gravely Pro 16 walk behind, Kubota BX2230, Kubota B26TLB
I would like an easy way to weigh the tongue weight of any given load on my trailer. Kudos to Ford.
etrailer.com has tow ball setups with weigh scales built in to indicate hitch weight. Jon

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR

4570Man

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M59, Kubota L3800, Grasshopper 428D, Topkick dump truck, 3500 dump truck, 10 ton trailer, more lighter trailers.
It’s a good idea IMO. Most people driving F-150s aren’t towing and hauling stuff everyday and aren’t that familiar with the weights and capabilities. I doubt most people would actually pay it any attention though.

OP
jjeff

jjeff

Gold Member
Tractor
kubota l2850, kubota l4150
well in the age of lane departure, smart cruise control, self driving cars etc., it was nice to see something the average person who still likes to drive, uses a truck to haul stuff, and tows a trailer frequently actually utilize something like this.

jmc

Elite Member
Tractor
Ford 1920 4x4 (traded in on Kubota). Case 480F TLB w/4 in 1 bucket, 4x4. Gehl CTL60 tracked loader, Kubota L4330 GST
Seems like a good way to get pulled over if that top light is flashing. I had a car that automatically flipped up the rear spoiler at 75 MPH. Incriminating...

bigtiller

Elite Member
Tractor
JD 2720
That's a good idea ford has, I hope it becomes standard like seatbelts.....but the mother-in-law may have to loose some weight

Midniteoyl

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti CK3510SE HST, Ford 3400, Gizmow ZTR, Simplicity 7016H
Looks like a 'lite' mechanical version of the Curt BetterWeigh, only with Tattletale lights for the cops...

Last edited: