NX5510 - No hydraulics after filter and fluid change

/ NX5510 - No hydraulics after filter and fluid change #41  
Your fluid and filters are all you've changed. As MIE stated: keep it simple- I wouldn't mess with the box blade right now. Focus on the things you made different: filters and fluid. Since reinstall of filter(s) it started working, briefly. If it were me I'd go back to whatever you were using for hydraulic fluid before the change out, and put both 'old' filters back on. Don't worry about fluids wasted/lost etc. Zen it~ focus on what you did and reverse it as best as possible. And maybe give the resevoir more fluid too. Less chance of air with near capacity fill of the HST The Traveller's should work fine- I've always used it, and Kioti's own brand, BUT I've never changed out my hydraulic fluid completely in over 13 years of running over 1500+ hours. Dealer told me to just swap filters out when they were due and top off fluid. I've always done just that with no problems, FWIW for future reference and for others considering doing complete fluid change.
Report back any changes in results, and be as patient as possible- this is solvable. Good luck in meantime. (y)

/ NX5510 - No hydraulics after filter and fluid change
The fluid I was running was a bit on the thin side (as I eventually discovered): Rotella HD. That's why I decided to go with a different fluid.

/ NX5510 - No hydraulics after filter and fluid change #43  
I’d make sure that the level is at the max line and then drive it around gently if it will, doing figure eights to move the fluid through the power steering and from side to side in the reservoir. Also lift and lower the FEL. I’m thinking it’s something simple, hopefully just a low oil level…🤞

/ NX5510 - No hydraulics after filter and fluid change
Believe me, if I could move this thing out of my shop I'd do so (and leave it), as I have a big project that's being held up by all this.

IF fluid level is within spec I'd think that this shouldn't be occurring due to low fluid levels. At one point I thought I had it over-filled and that didn't seem to be beneficial: I cannot be certain, but I did pull a bunch back out; later added a bunch back in.

/ NX5510 - No hydraulics after filter and fluid change #45  
Sort of apples to oranges, but my Kubota ZD mowers won't move if the transmission fluid is 2 quarts low out of a total capacity of 12.8 quarts.

/ NX5510 - No hydraulics after filter and fluid change #46  
Might not matter, just throwing this out there and I've never owned a hst tractor but hydraulic functions in a static position? is 3pt lever up or down? Loader in float mode? Owners manual say anything about it? Good luck. Hopefully it's simple what you find.

Last edited:
   / NX5510 - No hydraulics after filter and fluid change #47  
Sort of apples to oranges, but my Kubota ZD mowers won't move if the transmission fluid is 2 quarts low out of a total capacity of 12.8 quarts.
Always had a tough time purging air in my wifes husky zero turn drives when I service them.

/ NX5510 - No hydraulics after filter and fluid change #48  
Jjeff, So what did you do….?

/ NX5510 - No hydraulics after filter and fluid change #49  
   / NX5510 - No hydraulics after filter and fluid change #50  
Jjeff, So what did you do….?
On her mower last time I jacked the back up, run the drives on mower with the hydraulic over flow/ fill reservoir cap off until all air bubbles are out of reservoir. Probably not the best way to do it but it worked. I think they were tuff torque 3400 drives? As I mentioned previously I have vertical hydraulic filters on my old gear drive Kubota tractors I fill them before installing, works for me.