Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500

/ Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500 #101  
I probably passed your new truck more than once going to North Toledo. The old mall lot off Alexis Road (buildings demolished long ago, is loaded with RAM pickup trucks, finished but awaiting the chips, hundreds of them and hundreds of Jeeps too.

I don't quite understand Ford's, GM and Stellantis' philosophy on storing almost road ready vehicles but it must be cheaper than plant shutdown's and worker lay off's.

What I wonder is... When the floodgates finally open and all those parked vehicles ship to dealers and are taken delivery of, what happens to production then? The pent up demand will be satisfied so new vehicle sales will tank and dealers will start having to off rebates again. What does that do for all the owners that paid sticker? Nothing positive of course.

Of course the general economy is hanging by a thread as well.

Gonna be interesting and no, I'm not to become a consumer of a motor vehicle anytime soon either, unless it's a zero percent finance with a sizeable rebate.

I keep my jalopies humming along. Much cheaper than a vehicle payment. Something about a payment book that makes me feel uncomfortable.

/ Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500 #102  
I'm a Ford person but you couldn't run fast enough to give me a Ford diesel. Day before yesterday, guy I work with got that call on his Duramax that it's gonna be 12,000 bucks to fix. Just over 100 k miles. That's the third Duramax that I know personally. Meanwhile another guy I work with has dodges, and they still going. So if it's a diesel, I'm getting Dodge. Or an old 7.3 powerstroke.
2012 Ram 3500 diesel. 263,000. Only normal wear and tear items. Still going strong. Ford lost me probably for life after owning a 6.0 powerstroke.

/ Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500 #103  
2012 Ram 3500 diesel. 263,000. Only normal wear and tear items. Still going strong. Ford lost me probably for life after owning a 6.0 powerstroke.
Understandable. The 6.0 was a terrible engine unless modified. Around here we call a 6.0 a 'Powerjoke' I'll keep running my forged rod 7.3. Might not be a hot rod but it's dependable as a rock.

Don't know why Fords even built the 6.0 actually.

/ Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500 #104  
Understandable. The 6.0 was a terrible engine unless modified. Around here we call a 6.0 a 'Powerjoke' I'll keep running my forged rod 7.3. Might not be a hot rod but it's dependable as a rock.

One friend of mine has a 6.0 dually, he had it "bullet proofed" as soon as he bought it probably 12-15 years ago..Been trouble free and that's what Ford should have done when they knew they had a problem.

Another buddy had a 6.0 and refused to do the aftermarket upgrades and continued to let the Ford dealer fix it for years with all the same parts that continued to fail. He ended up with nearly what he originally paid for it (new) as he did in Ford repairs--Multiple head gaskets, turbos, egr's cooling problems etc. Sad because that truck was absolutely beautiful. I could have got it for 12k but all the coolant problems he had, I didn't expect that motor to last much longer regardless of modifications.

/ Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500 #105  

I think they got forced out of the 7.3 business from government mandates. I don’t think international designed the 6.0 to make the power Ford pushed it to either. Why they never put a Cummins in those trucks is beyond me.

/ Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500 #106  
Everything old is new again..My uncle ordered a one ton International in the early 70's and after waiting 6 months for it was told by IH that the order was cancelled because they were undergoing the year end model change (remember those?) He ordered it again in August with plans to put a camper he had built on it the following summer to take his family on a cross-country trip.

When May rolled around and he still did not have his truck his wife started calling IH headquarters and kept it up until she ended up speaking to the president of IH. (I'm sure he knew who she was before the call.) He got the truck a couple of weeks after that.

Its tough to stay in business when you can't deliver the products you sell. I guess that's why IH dropped its line of light duty trucks a couple of years later and completely folded their tent a few years after that.

/ Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500 #107  
Good move not buying a diesel right now.

/ Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500 #108  
   / Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500 #109  
No. Funny thing, Dodge doesn't make trucks either.
Oh, com'on. Let's just be glad for the guy. I got a new Ford last fall. Oh, no! Stupid me! It doesn't matter, Chev, Dodge, Ford, Apple, Android, etc.

/ Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500 #110  
I’ve never driven a Ram with adaptive cruise but we have rented vehicles with it. We usually turned it off. At times it was really nice but if you are passing vehicles in a curve on the interstate it sees the car in the other lane and slows down.