Ordered a set of R14’s for the BX

/ Ordered a set of R14’s for the BX #21  
So the outer bead on the front tires sticks out, while the outer bead on the rear tires is no worse than the turfs I replaced.
The R14’s are substantially heavier than the turfs, and on my asphalt driveway, you feel the rumble. It’s not bad, but certainly not like smooth turfs.
I have not noticed any issues tearing up the lawn, and my son drove my nephew around for about an hour.
The fronts and rears hold 10-12 pounds more air than the turfs, so I suspect that they will be much better for loader work.
I’ll keep reporting as I get more seat time. Looking forward (not really) to using in the snow coming Monday.
So did you have to plow snow from Monday's weather? Jst wondering. Ours is basically gone, just some flurries. Jon

/ Ordered a set of R14’s for the BX
No plowing. Three inches melted before I could sample it.

/ Ordered a set of R14’s for the BX #23  
Nice to see what the R14s look like on the BX. I went the slightly less aggressive route on mine by going with the Carlisle Versa Turf from the standard turf tires after 6 years. I have noticed the same things regarding sizes, like you did the R14s.
IMG_3261.JPG
IMG_3267.JPG
IMG_3265.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3267.JPG
    IMG_3267.JPG
    909.6 KB · Views: 154
Tlj87 those look good. My R14’s sure rumble on pavement. I don’t recall how my R4’s were on my last BX2660, but these are tough. I noticed better traction in my yard today pulling my 5,500# travel trailer. With turfs, I’d have spun.

/ Ordered a set of R14’s for the BX #25  
Any update?

/ Ordered a set of R14’s for the BX #26  
I’ll get them mounted on the BX tomorrow, but I’m surprised at how much taller they are than stock, despite the same size designation. With my last BX2660, I had both turfs and R4’s, and the R4’s were noticeably smaller in diameter than the turfs.

Only thing I’m not happy about with these R14’s is the rim bead sticks out past the face of the tire by 1/4”. And yes, I know the front R14 is on the wrong side...

View attachment 689927
View attachment 689928
View attachment 689929
View attachment 689930
View attachment 689931
View attachment 689932
Hi, how are they on turf, do they tear up like the R4? Thanks

/ Ordered a set of R14’s for the BX #27  
Did the new tires actually increase your ground clearance?

Yes, increased ground clearance. See photos for diameter difference. They do not tear up the grass, but do ride tough at full psi.