Over packaging = high $$ shipping??

/ Over packaging = high $$ shipping??
Shoot. There may be a few. It's no where near as simple as it once was.

When I started to list my used saw on ebay, the first page said something about a new and improve way to sell stuff, this my first attempt selling on ebay.

/ Over packaging = high $$ shipping?? #32  
Never been on TBN market place, I'll see if I can find it.
https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/items-sale/
What's #14, that a new improved beaver trap...........I listed my used 550xp chainsaw on ebay, some assembly required.............
View attachment 593507 View attachment 593508 View attachment 593509
It's an old Victor #4 jump trap with teeth, they haven't been made in decades. People really want a stupid price for them, I guess that they make good wall hangers or something.

/ Over packaging = high $$ shipping?? #35  
I took this screenshot of your ad. This is what I see. I'm guessing you chose buyer pays actual cost and it automatically figures the cost to my location registered to my account? Screenshot_20190225-204736_eBay.jpeg

/ Over packaging = high $$ shipping?? #36  
I took this screenshot of your ad. This is what I see. I'm guessing you chose buyer pays actual cost and it automatically figures the cost to my location registered to my account?View attachment 593537
I wonder what the "protection plan" is. Are they going to make OldPath refund the buyer's money if the saw doesn't run? :laughing:

/ Over packaging = high $$ shipping?? #37  
I bought a spring, smaller than your thumb w/ free shipping..
It came in a 36"x36"x36".!! Filled w/ that form fitting styro foam for a BIG turbo charger..
The spring cost $1.86 w/ FREE SHIPPING.. it coulda came in an envelope.!!!
I "think" they lost money??

I took this screenshot of your ad. This is what I see. I'm guessing you chose buyer pays actual cost and it automatically figures the cost to my location registered to my account?View attachment 593537

Thanks for your email help! I been at a family gathering, now I'm late on here and it's almpst is past time for bed again.............

I think that's what I'm doing, on my page the SH cost is under $18.00, I thought it sounded low. I thought there might be should be away to punch in from where to where on ebay and they'd be able to get and show me the latest cost of SH, the SH price more then doubled to you.

Just read another message from the guy in Canada after I told him I'd look into the SH up over there, told him I thought SH would be $60.00+, his latest message said, he thinks it will be around $50.00, my son said he might be able to find out tomorrow at the local post office, be nice if I could email the post office and they'd send a quote back. This is getting to be work, I might just pull the add.

I bought a spring, smaller than your thumb w/ free shipping..
It came in a 36"x36"x36".!! Filled w/ that form fitting styro foam for a BIG turbo charger..
The spring cost $1.86 w/ FREE SHIPPING.. it coulda came in an envelope.!!!
I "think" they lost money??

That's funny, least it was free shipping:thumbsup:

/ Over packaging = high $$ shipping?? #40  
Many if not most EBay sellers are lazy and want UPS to pick up at their house.
Consequently UPS has provided a 'flat rate program' but the problem is that it is based on the worst combinations hence high shipping costs.
To Canada a $5.00 item can end up costing close to $50.00 to ship.
It is all about the fees and taxes on those fees.
Reverse to USA from Canada is the same.
While I do little EBay selling any more the shipping costs have gone wild.
I always sold with NO MARKUP on shipping.
Best is buying from China if you are patient, just plan ahead!