Pacific North West - Excessive heat warning issued

/ Pacific North West - Excessive heat warning issued #41  
IF the wind accompanies this heat wave like it did last year........ We are in very very big trouble.

/ Pacific North West - Excessive heat warning issued #42  
Been cold here all spring and now that summer is here it's even cooler. I doubt we will break 80 here this weekend.

/ Pacific North West - Excessive heat warning issued
If we get wind along with our coming hot weather. Wildfires could become a real problem.

/ Pacific North West - Excessive heat warning issued #46  
I’m up in Deer Park, just 30 mins north of Spokane. It’s certainly warm but the major difference that keeps AC use to a minimum is ventilating the house in the evening. Stick a fan at a open window blowing out to draw cool air in the bedrooms then closing the house in the morning does very well. Both my shop & house have 6”+ insulation so it keeps it cool. I only kick on the AC for about two hours in the late afternoon sometimes.

I was SO fortunate to have texted the AC a few weeks ago in anticipation. Simply didn’t turn on. Fortunately it was due to “bugs” in the system, yes bugs! The ants were attracted to electricity and jammed between the contacts in the contractors responsible for turning on the fan & condenser pump in the outside unit. Cleaned it out but ordered a replacement for $15 anyway.

/ Pacific North West - Excessive heat warning issued #47  
Not to brag, but our high on Saturday in town in 68. That means it will be low fifties at the cabin during the day, low forties at night.

Might have to make a fire. Brrr...
In general what part of the country are you in?

/ Pacific North West - Excessive heat warning issued #48  
In general what part of the country are you in?
I'ma gonna' guess Wyomin',

SnoWy.JPG

probably in the higher elevations.

/ Pacific North West - Excessive heat warning issued #50  
I used to own 80 acres outside Rawlings, Wy. Was going to build there until I spent a few weeks over several years, in winter up there. Ended up selling it to the next door neighbor. Wind and cold never stopped. As bad as when I lived out near Havre Montana. I had to get to the other side of the divide. Now It feels like I live in the desert.

took the horses out for a drive on the team wagon this morning. By 9:00 it was nasty out there. I think I’ll spend the rest of the day in the air conditioned house.