PLEASE HELP? BX22 HST problem

/ PLEASE HELP? BX22 HST problem
Few hundred less...

If my options were new Kubota OEM for $2100 vs a 3rd party reman shop for $1900....I'm going new all day long.

That reman would have to be $1000-$1200 to entice me to buy it over new OEM
Whats your thoughts for a working used one for $1,600 less?

Hi there attached you will see a the page out of the repair manual for the mower link linkage has anybody removed this before??

I have removed the clevis pins from each side of the mower arm linkage that connects to the shaft by way of the bushings on each side of the tractor but for the life of me I cant seem to detach the shaft from the arms. If they are pressed on there theybare pressed hard!!! I have beat on both of them as well as prying but they arent budging.

Anyone know how to get these off????
Screenshot_20211213-100038_Gallery.jpg

/ PLEASE HELP? BX22 HST problem #64  
Have you tried heating with a blue wrench (torch)?

No that's the only thing I did not do but you know what I ended up cutting the rod with a sawzall... I'm replacing my HST and it is definitely not the way to go to follow what the dealer says for the manual about taking the transaxle out. I actually got my HST out without doing that but for some reason I can't get the new one in and I could not get those arms off so I had to cut the rod and I'm going to reweld it.

/ PLEASE HELP? BX22 HST problem #66  
Could you do me a favor during your adventure and snap a pic of where the HST's inlet strainer/filter is? Ive been trying to find it in parts diagrams of my b8200 (NOT the same tractor, i know but it appears all the HSTs are extremely similar in layout) and it's been bugging me that I haven't found it. Im an ASE Master Tech and i give you all due credit for jumping into this project with both feet! I hope I don't ever have to replace mine.. which is part of why I feel like i need to find and inspect that strainer! :mad:

Nice work on all the research/sourcing so far. It'll be back up in no time and way cheaper than I would have guessed at the beginning of this thread.

/ PLEASE HELP? BX22 HST problem #67  
On my JD 4300HST the inlet strainer lies .horizontally inside the transmission case. It is the large suction line to the hydraulic pump on the front of the engine. On my tractor, the HST precharge is from the power steering pump.

Could you do me a favor during your adventure and snap a pic of where the HST's inlet strainer/filter is? Ive been trying to find it in parts diagrams of my b8200 (NOT the same tractor, i know but it appears all the HSTs are extremely similar in layout) and it's been bugging me that I haven't found it. Im an ASE Master Tech and i give you all due credit for jumping into this project with both feet! I hope I don't ever have to replace mine.. which is part of why I feel like i need to find and inspect that strainer! :mad:

Nice work on all the research/sourcing so far. It'll be back up in no time and way cheaper than I would have guessed at the beginning of this thread.
Hey Vigo thanks for the applause!! Even tho its been a pain in the a$$ it never hurts to learn, and save a few bucks!

It does make me mad that I wasted tons of hours taking stuff off that didnt need to come off to remove the HST.

I'll take the pic shortly for you! Today is the day to start it up and check my work!

Thx!

Hey buddy here are a few pics of the strainer.

Let me know of this helps. I believe its a 20mm bolt. Be careful when you pull the strainer out there is an o-ring on each side of the pipe I if that makes sense... The black hose I'm pointing to connect to that curved pipe that goes down to your strainer. It looks like a regular bolt as the strainer is part of the bolt head.

It's the moment of Truth for me. I'm getting ready to start the tractor and check for leaks and see how my job turned out.
🤞
20211214_114404.jpg
20211214_114329.jpg
20211214_114245.jpg

/ PLEASE HELP? BX22 HST problem #70  
Interesting. I knew about the strainer banjo bolt thing that goes up to the engine-driven pump but i didn't notice any T's off of it to feed the HST either physically looking at my tractor, or by looking at parts diagrams of the hydraulic lines running down the side of the tractor. I would be pretty relieved if i found out that there really was only one strainer I needed to worry about, but unless i've made a major oversight, the stuff i've looked at makes it seem like my unit is not set up like yours.

Thanks for the pics! If it turns out my tractor is like yours i'll be very happy about it!