Pneumatic grease gun

/ Pneumatic grease gun #1  

TNhobbyfarmer

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3430 Polaris Ranger 500
I know a lot of guys on TBN use cordless grease guns. I don't do enough greasing to justify the cost of a cordless. However, I have been considering a pneumatic gun. They are considerably less expensive. Anyone have experience with a pneumatic? What are your thoughts?

/ Pneumatic grease gun #2  
I have a cordless and it’s nice. I’d rather just use one of the regular pump guns vs an air powered one it would take longer to roll out an air hose and let the compressor build pressure than to just use a regular grease gun.

/ Pneumatic grease gun #3  
You can't tell if it's even putting out grease, and forget about it moving cold grease, so I don't even bother with mine any longer.

SR

/ Pneumatic grease gun #4  
I have an air grease gun and I love it. I just cant bring myself to pay that much for a battery operated one where I also have to keep up with another battery/charger. As much downtime as it would have I'd expect to come back to a dead battery on next use. If my drill/driver ect set had the option I would jump on it but I'm not buying a one shot pony to keep up with another battery and charger

/ Pneumatic grease gun #5  
My air grease gun is a cheapy from Harbor Freight, and it is more of a pain that what it is worth. Firing up the compressor, messing with the gun to keep it primed well or it won't pump, and shutting down the compressor is a nuisance. I can typically do the greasing faster and with much less hassle with a standard old pump lever grease gun.

/ Pneumatic grease gun #6  
My air grease gun is a cheapy from Harbor Freight, and it is more of a pain that what it is worth. Firing up the compressor, messing with the gun to keep it primed well or it won't pump, and shutting down the compressor is a nuisance. I can typically do the greasing faster and with much less hassle with a standard old pump lever grease gun.

Yeah, same experience with a HF one. Junked it and bought an Alemite. Now it works fine for me using the tube grease. The hf one the tubes kept jamming up in it with grease all over trying to un-jam it.

Ron

/ Pneumatic grease gun #7  
I had a pneumatic and it was a pain. Finally tossed it and used a manual pump gun. I bought a Delta cordless gun last year and it works really good. Yes, they are $$$ but if you have a lot greasing it is worth it, otherwise I would stick w/ a pump gun as mentioned above.

/ Pneumatic grease gun #8  
Avoid the HF pneumatic. It doesn't have a pressure relief, and will lock onto the zerk so tight you can't get it off. Piece of junk.

/ Pneumatic grease gun #9  
Read reviews before you buy, I did and some are terrible

I have Lincoln 1162 Air Operated Grease Gun https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0019COQ6C/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_GCkPCbS9QYM6Q

I also own the locknlube although I misplaced it and havent used it yet. Highly rated LockNLube Grease Coupler locks onto Zerk fittings. Grease goes in, not on the machine. World's best-selling original locking grease coupler. Rated 10,000 PSI. Long-lasting rebuildable tool. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H7LPKKU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_LDkPCb767Q1EK

/ Pneumatic grease gun #10