Pole Chainsaws

/ Pole Chainsaws #21  
I have the Stihl 131R Kombi with a pole saw attachment. Works great!

Mike

/ Pole Chainsaws #23  
I recently bought the Dewalt 20v max pole saw and today was the first real use. Moderate fail :(

Had to trim some branches overhanging one of my fairly flat metal roof sheds.

About 2 inches in diameter, pine, about 12 feet above the shed.

So I get up there, plop, plop, quick and easy. But the branches were too heavy to drag off the shed roof.
So I try and cut them up further with the pole saw.
STALLED!!
Chain so tight I couldn't move it.
Get down on the ground.
Disassembled saw to find one sliver of wood about the size of a matchstick had popped the chain up and jammed :(

Despite the saw stalling I like it. Good balance, easy to use and I can use one of my light weight 2AH batteries or put on a beefy 12AH.

/ Pole Chainsaws #24  
In case you weren't aware, start by cutting 1/4 worth of the branch from below. That way, when you finish by the top, it will break clean and not pull part of bark with it which could harm the tree.

/ Pole Chainsaws #25  
In case you weren't aware, start by cutting 1/4 worth of the branch from below. That way, when you finish by the top, it will break clean and not pull part of bark with it which could harm the tree.
I have an Echo pole saw. I use the same method you describe. I just make an undercut and them rest the saw on top of the limb. The weight of the running saw on the limb is sufficient to complete the cut and I don't have to hold the saw up.

/ Pole Chainsaws #26  
I have a poulan gas saw and it cuts good but is heavy and is hard to start . Two yrs ago i bought a wen 40 volt extendable pole saw and it is awesome. On my farm i have cut lots of trees 6 and 8 inch limbs. Cuts like butter. and much lighter than the gas. I have the same blower and chainsaw, so i have extra batteries . The battery that came with the chainsaw is more powerful.

/ Pole Chainsaws #27  
I have an Echo pole saw. I use the same method you describe. I just make an undercut and them rest the saw on top of the limb. The weight of the running saw on the limb is sufficient to complete the cut and I don't have to hold the saw up.

I have an Echo. I like it a lot.

MoKelly

/ Pole Chainsaws #28  
Nothing like sitting in a comfy seat with a refreshing beverage while the saw does the work (y)

/ Pole Chainsaws #30  
I have the 40V HF Lynx and do the same undercut on branches and let the saw do the work from the top. Lynx is a great tool for the price and I have it on the tractor cut to up 4-6" stuff on the ground to clear downed limbs into manageable lengths.