Post hole digger…

/ Post hole digger… #1  

RadarTech

Elite Member
Tractor
2007 Kubota L3400, YANMAR YT359C
Hello TBN!

I got a deal a couple years ago on a RTR1258 tiller and post hole digger..
But since I’ve upgraded my tractor with a 30hp PTO to a tractor with a 50-52HP PTO..

The tiller is rated up to 40HP, so I’ll replace it, but I can’t find a PTO hp rating for the tiller…

I figured the wisdom here will have ideas to look..

It is a Speeco S24044000 Model 65 Post Hole Digger.

All the Google search’s have found no HP ratings… how do find this?

Thanks!

/ Post hole digger… #2  
You really don't need to worry about max HP ratings. You just need to use common sense when using the attachments.

With the exception of width of tires for tilling and mowing (to a point), you really don't need to be concerned.

I've used 60 HP tractors with 4' bushogs that are meant for a little BX type tractor.

/ Post hole digger…
You really don't need to worry about max HP ratings. You just need to use common sense when using the attachments.

With the exception of width of tires for tilling and mowing (to a point), you really don't need to be concerned.

I've used 60 HP tractors with 4' bushogs that are meant for a little BX type tractor.
That’s what I expected for the tiller… it does have a slip clutch..
I’ll have to use it in the next week..
And it would soo much nicer in the new cab tractor

/ Post hole digger… #5  
You didn't check the net because I just entered you
tiller info and here it is:

RTR125820-50 HP58"Cat. 1, 3-

willy

/ Post hole digger…
You didn't check the net because I just entered you
tiller info and here it is:

RTR125820-50 HP58"Cat. 1, 3-

willy
Tiller I know. And said that.. I mis-typed. The second part should have said post hole digger…

/ Post hole digger… #7  
Those post hole diggers work so poorly where I live that I wouldn't worry about horsepower. Put a shear bolt in the driveline if you are worried about the gearbox. If you are drilling into an area known to have big rocks you may want to consider getting something like a Beltec post hole drill. You can buy rock bits for them that will go through most sedimentary rock.

/ Post hole digger… #8  

SPEECO POST HOLE DIGGER BASE -COMPACT​

$585.00

mini, 1.3/8″ shaft

This is a compact post hole digger base, three point hitch. Output shaft is 1 1/2″ . Heavy wall tubing is used on the main boom. Gear box is rated 45 hp. Designed to be used specifically on compact tractors.This is a compact post hole digger base, three point hitch. Output shaft is 1 1/2″ . Heavy wall tubing is used on the main boom. Gear box is rated 45 hp. Designed to be used specifically on compact tractors.

willy