Power Line to my house was broken

/ Power Line to my house was broken #201  
I noticed a couple dirt roads in LaPorte County today that were dirt. They used to be chip and seal that last time I was over there a couple years ago.

/ Power Line to my house was broken #203  
Is your power line repaired yet? Before all these side conversations started I thought I recall that the power company was waiting on something before repairing?

/ Power Line to my house was broken
Nothing has happened. They guy who came out said he was going to talk to his boss and see when the natural gas line work was done. He didn't want them to break it again after they fixed it.

/ Power Line to my house was broken #205  
Nothing has happened. They guy who came out said he was going to talk to his boss and see when the natural gas line work was done. He didn't want them to break it again after they fixed it.
Wow. I cannot believe how relaxed they are about a downed power line. It is totally out of my experience with power, and telephone, lines.

Is your power bill still running at 50%?

All the best,

Peter

/ Power Line to my house was broken
I just went online to look at my bill and it doesn't show up to day usage, just projected usage for the month, and if I understand it correctly, it looks like I'm at half of what I was last year. But it really doesn't make a lot of sense until payment is due. As of right now, I owe zero, so there is no way to know for sure until next month.

/ Power Line to my house was broken #207  
I just went online to look at my bill and it doesn't show up to day usage, just projected usage for the month, and if I understand it correctly, it looks like I'm at half of what I was last year. But it really doesn't make a lot of sense until payment is due. As of right now, I owe zero, so there is no way to know for sure until next month.
Wouldn't it be strange if the downed wire somehow made your meter run at half speed? :unsure:

It'll be interesting to see what happens when it's finally repaired.

/ Power Line to my house was broken #208  
On road work we got lucky.

Being at the end we were ignored forever but the city, using a grant of some sort, had a complete survey done of their network.

Well, as we always knew, ours was the worst section of their 200 kilometer network.
They then got subsidies to repair the network but were obliged to start from the worst first.
That was like winning the jackpot for us.

I've been here since 1957, boated in for years, then we DIY'd our own road*, had it verbalized, and now it is paved.
I actually thought I died and was in heaven.

*I was in charge of our DIY road project back then. Was a great gig and I sure learned a lot.
Our terrain is super rugged, but we persevered and did it. As a result what was cabin country is today a much desirable retirement community. Gone are summer cabins to be replaced by high end homes. But then a property on a spring fed lake within 1 hour from a major city is priceless.
And current prices reflect just that. And cost (back then) was a mere $10K/mile all paid by cash participation @ $475. per member.

/ Power Line to my house was broken #209  
Wouldn't it be strange if the downed wire somehow made your meter run at half speed? :unsure:

It'll be interesting to see what happens when it's finally repaired.
It won't,but I would have never believed that a downed neutral ( a really simple fix with an automatic sleeve ) would still be down on the ground, I have been all over and never seen a company that operated like that, like I said earlier gotta be some good ground rods with no neutral on the lateral.

/ Power Line to my house was broken #210  
It won't,but I would have never believed that a downed neutral ( a really simple fix with an automatic sleeve ) would still be down on the ground, I have been all over and never seen a company that operated like that, like I said earlier gotta be some good ground rods with no neutral on the lateral.
Gotta be CT metering in that cabinet at that ampacity. Maybe the neutral being broken could make a CT read incorrectly. Been a while since I studied metering.

Anyway, being a single phase primary line, the neutral should carry return current to the distribution substation.
Whoever repairs that line will be reconnecting a healthy amp load right in their face. I hope they have good load make jumpers.
The driven grounds on the transformer side of the downed line must be doing a great job to keep the service voltage balanced.
Kudos to OP on a good installation.