PT-425 Cold Start Tips?

/ PT-425 Cold Start Tips? #11  
I have the 25 hp Subaru in my 2425 and i put a hotter plug in mine also opened the gap in the psark plug up about 3 thousands more than it called for and it helped alot on my cold start issue. Will go back to cooler plug in the summer months.

/ PT-425 Cold Start Tips? #12  
I have the 25 hp Subaru in my 2425 and i put a hotter plug in mine also opened the gap in the psark plug up about 3 thousands more than it called for and it helped alot on my cold start issue. Will go back to cooler plug in the summer months.
What plug do you put in? Would like to try that.

/ PT-425 Cold Start Tips? #13  
What plug do you put in? Would like to try that.

Just pulled out the plug and went to local parts place asked for a hotter plug. The spark plug has a number on the side of it, then gap it 3 thousandths more open than what the manual calls for. You can google the specs for your engine and what factory reccomends

Let me know if it helps, it did for me

Last edited:
   / PT-425 Cold Start Tips? #14  
Just pulled out the plug and went to local parts place asked for a hotter plug. The spark plug has a number on the side of it, then gap it 3 thousandths more open than what the manual calls for. You can google the specs for your engine and what factory reccomends

Let me know if it helps, it did for me
That works, I can do that. Just being lazy I guess. Thank you.

/ PT-425 Cold Start Tips? #15  
That works, I can do that. Just being lazy I guess. Thank you.

I didn’t know what model of engine you have, they have several and as many spark plugs to go with them as well

/ PT-425 Cold Start Tips? #16  
I didn’t know what model of engine you have, they have several and as many spark plugs to go with them as well
I understand, I have a 425 with the robin ehd72??? I think. I will pull a plug, and have napa give me a hotter pair.