pt1430 wont go forward or backward basically stuck in front yard

/ pt1430 wont go forward or backward basically stuck in front yard #11  
Ahh, so it's probably pin in star-wheel on front hubs like my 425.

/ pt1430 wont go forward or backward basically stuck in front yard #12  
When my pin brakes accidentally come on, even just one wheel, the machine won't move and you can hear the engine load change if you try.

/ pt1430 wont go forward or backward basically stuck in front yard #13  
When my pin brakes accidentally come on, even just one wheel, the machine won't move and you can hear the engine load change if you try.
Exactly. It is the lack of load change on the engine that makes me think it is a drive pump, or drive pump control issue.

All the best,

Peter

/ pt1430 wont go forward or backward basically stuck in front yard #14  
On my 1430, when one pin brake doesn't release, it will drive away dragging it.
I only mentioned the neutral circuit because of the broad range of years and the way the factory seems to use what is on the market AND I just did that on my Madvac where it has a 1/4 turn knob on the tram and I pushed it in the garage where it stayed for a few weeks and complete oil changes. Then I when I started it there was no drive and panic for a bit, but just a turn of the knob made it all better.

/ pt1430 wont go forward or backward basically stuck in front yard #15  
First I think the author should check the oil levels and if OK, let us know if it has a cable operated tram of a pilot tram as trouble shooting will be different.
If you don't know, remove the side plate at the foot control and take a picture of what your foot rocks right and left, also a pic of the tram pump off the back of the engine.

/ pt1430 wont go forward or backward basically stuck in front yard #16  
Older Power Tracs have a drive cable from the foot pedal back to the hydraulic pump. My 1430 loves to break the 1/4" bolt that attaches the cable to the pump.

If yours has a drive cable, you are looking for a lever on the right side (as you are sitting on the machine) of the pump under the fuel tank. Operate the foot pedal as you are looking and you should be able to see the end of the cable moving.

If you have a newer machine with a valve instead of the cable disregard.

/ pt1430 wont go forward or backward basically stuck in front yard
thanks everyone, the oil level is good. the parking brake is off. i called terry today and he had me jack up the rear end and use the lift arms and the bucket to lift the front end. he had me then shut it off and turn each wheel to see if one had was harder to turn. the rear left did not move as easy seemed to clutch and then move. i had a spare wheel motor and replaced it and still wont move. called terry back and he seems to think its the tram motor. he said it was the motor closest to the engine. i believe this is it. i have to get caps for all the hoses. i havent taken the plates off to look at the treadle mechanism. its pouring rain out. also with it stuck down in the front yard i dont have cell phone reception to call him. also not sure where the tow ports are in order to get it towed out of the front yard. will have to get caps for all the hoses and a hose with fittings it says to jumper between the tow ports. does anyone who have a 1430 know for sure where they are? i'll check the tredle connector by removing the plates surrounding it hopefully tommorrow. if you have had to take the tram motor out how hard was it? did you have to take the pto/steering motor off first? thanks for your help and suggestions

Attachments

• IMG_4758.JPG
    IMG_4758.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_4757.JPG
    IMG_4757.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 63
   / pt1430 wont go forward or backward basically stuck in front yard #18  
I bought this male/female cap kit for a repair;
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08FSXYWVR

They work great; I would just check that kit contains enough of them for the hoses that you need to disconnect.

I would ask Terry for the towing details on your particular pump. When I read up on it years ago, you wanted the jumper hose to allow oil to flow around the pump. Otherwise, towing can heat up and damage the pump (oil forcing its way by seals and causing heat/wear.) In my case the bypass is internal to the pump, so no hose is needed.

Your pump looks similar to mine; FWIW here are PTs towing instructions. Items 1-3 and #5-6 are specific to releasing the 1445 brake system, so you can ignore them. (I.e. just loosen the tow valve (bolt) #2 in the right figure.)

IMG_0948.jpeg

All the best,

Peter

/ pt1430 wont go forward or backward basically stuck in front yard #19  
thanks everyone, the oil level is good. the parking brake is off. i called terry today and he had me jack up the rear end and use the lift arms and the bucket to lift the front end. he had me then shut it off and turn each wheel to see if one had was harder to turn. the rear left did not move as easy seemed to clutch and then move. i had a spare wheel motor and replaced it and still wont move. called terry back and he seems to think its the tram motor. he said it was the motor closest to the engine. i believe this is it. i have to get caps for all the hoses. i havent taken the plates off to look at the treadle mechanism. its pouring rain out. also with it stuck down in the front yard i dont have cell phone reception to call him. also not sure where the tow ports are in order to get it towed out of the front yard. will have to get caps for all the hoses and a hose with fittings it says to jumper between the tow ports. does anyone who have a 1430 know for sure where they are? i'll check the tredle connector by removing the plates surrounding it hopefully tommorrow. if you have had to take the tram motor out how hard was it? did you have to take the pto/steering motor off first? thanks for your help and suggestions
From the tram pump pictures, we now know it's a hydraulically operated treadle.

I don't know if it'll help or not, but I have some pictures of the ports and hoses on my 2001 PT425 here on TBN somewhere. I'll look for them.

/ pt1430 wont go forward or backward basically stuck in front yard #20  
Well, my pump doesn't look like yours (as expected) but here's a link to the post I made about the jumper hose and where to connect them on the 2001 PT425. There's a description in the post and pictures.

It took a bit to get the correct adapters and fittings, but it worked great. I had to use a ratcheting strap to winch the FEL bucket up off the ground by hooking on to the canopy/ROPS bars. Once that was off the ground and the bypass hose installed, I was able to push it around my driveway by hand with ease. I left the adapter/90 degree fittings on the pump with caps on them for ease of future use.