PTO snowblower?

OP
C

Chainsaw.

Tractor
Yanmar YM1500 & YM2000D
Any one know of a way I can adapt 1' keyed round stock to 13t 7/8' stock? Any adapters that are ready made?

LouNY

Tractor
Branson 8050, IH 574, Oliver 1550 Diesel Utility

TimP

Platinum Member
Tractor
B3000HSDCC
I had a 60" Allied 3 pt blower before, and it worked Great !

Could move a lot of snow in a hurry and I never had a lick of problem with it.

Never even broke any pins !
I run a 50" blower.. A 3pt mount Buhler/Allied brand.. This on a JD 2032R with loaded turfs and 2 link V bar ladder chains..

This tractor could handle a 60" easily enough, but the blower was purchased gently used and quite cheap..

I also use a 72" rear blade until winter overwhelms it, then switch to the blower..

For the price and usefulness I have no problem looking over my shoulder to blow snow. A bigger blower would make it quicker, but quick and a perfect job each pass is not a requirement to me..

nyone

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ford 851
Any one know of a way I can adapt 1' keyed round stock to 13t 7/8' stock? Any adapters that are ready made?
I bet you can find a Lovejoy coupler that will do this. That type of coupler or a chain coupler seams to have the most shaft options.

OP
C

Chainsaw.

Tractor
Yanmar YM1500 & YM2000D
I would expect that someone makes one but were to find it would be the hard part.
Surplus center has a 13 tooth 7/8 in coupler,
a person could try and bore one end out to 1" or get a 1" coupler and weld them together.
7/8" 13T Splined Coupling G & G Mfg 163-1413 | Keyed, Splined & Hex 1 Piece Solid Couplers | Shaft Couplers | Power Transmission | www.surpluscenter.com
This was the first option I was leaning towards. The only thing that gave me pause is what kind of steel is it, and will it take and hold a weld well.
I bet you can find a Lovejoy coupler that will do this. That type of coupler or a chain coupler seams to have the most shaft options.
I was thinking of Lovejoy couplers. IIRC I would have to support the shaft on both sides of the Lovejoy would I not? Not an impossibility, just adds complexity. Definitely gonna chew on that idea though.