Push Mowers, Battery Vs. gas

/ Push Mowers, Battery Vs. gas
I only use a push mower to get around the edges into places the rider won't go, so I'd consider a battery mower if it came time to replace the gas one I have. I could also see it being fine for someone with a city lot-sized lawn.
I've got maybe a 20-30' perimeter around the house I push mow, partially for the exercise. I think it'll be OK for that.

/ Push Mowers, Battery Vs. gas #42  
The only BIG advantage with an eMower pusher is ... It can be left out in the RAIN.
The opposite is true. EGo specifically states their push mower must be stored out of the weather. They went to effort to make the handle fold, feet on the backside of the mower, a handle on the front, so it stores vertically flush against a wall. No gas, no oil, no smell other than rotting grass.

/ Push Mowers, Battery Vs. gas #43  
The opposite is true. EGo specifically states their push mower must be stored out of the weather. They went to effort to make the handle fold, feet on the backside of the mower, a handle on the front, so it stores vertically flush against a wall. No gas, no oil, no smell other than rotting grass.

So, keep it out of the RAIN. Yet, you store it with moldy rotting grass against the wall in the garage. :unsure:

Next the eMower OPS Manual will say, Do Not hose of rotting grass.

My nose is not bothered by gas nor oil. BUT, rotting grass that turns either dark black or powder white moldy, my nose has a problem with that.
👃

/ Push Mowers, Battery Vs. gas #45  
So, keep it out of the RAIN. Yet, you store it with moldy rotting grass against the wall in the garage. :unsure:

Next the eMower OPS Manual will say, Do Not hose of rotting grass.

My nose is not bothered by gas nor oil. BUT, rotting grass that turns either dark black or powder white moldy, my nose has a problem with that.
👃
Out of the weather, out if the rain, out of the sun and do not use the garden hose to wash off or wash out.

Deck cleans out easy with a stick.

Also have a Turtle Wax spray protectant for automotive plastic which is slicker than Teflon. Does a great job of keeping grass from sticking.

/ Push Mowers, Battery Vs. gas #46  
Just an FYI to anyone who might have a Kolbalt (Lowe’s) battery mower. They are evidently made by greenworks and if You have a 80 volt mower Lowe’s will have very limited blades available. You can get them from greenworks.com

I'm a little ticked off that I have to order blades from greenworks and pay shipping if a local Lowes store doesn’t have the blades.

/ Push Mowers, Battery Vs. gas
Flubbered.

I was hoping they'd do a year end thing and cut the price a bit more. Nope. They jacked it up $100 to $649. I ain't bitin' at that price. Now I'll wait until Spring and see what happens. Might get one of the lesser units.

Power head is OK though. Used it today with a pole saw attachment to knock some odd branches off a copuple of trees slated to come down. Needed to be more sure of which way they'll fall.

/ Push Mowers, Battery Vs. gas #48  
My favorite mower shop says he has been told 2022 dealer cost is 15% to 20% higher than the pretend 2021 prices.

"Pretend 2021" because he couldn't hardly get any product to sell.

And today our betters who are running the government told us, "inflation is only transitory." Ain't seen nutt'n yet.

If you want it and they have it now, better get while the get'n is good.

/ Push Mowers, Battery Vs. gas #49  
My favorite mower shop says he has been told 2022 dealer cost is 15% to 20% higher than the pretend 2021 prices.

"Pretend 2021" because he couldn't hardly get any product to sell.

And today our betters who are running the government told us, "inflation is only transitory." Ain't seen nutt'n yet.

If you want it and they have it now, better get while the get'n is good.
We went from a mostly free market economy to almost complete central planning over the course of a year.

From freedom to chose where and how much to work to you could work or not based on decisions made by the central planners. From you could travel where and when to strict control on who could travel and where and when determined by the central planners.

Unless we rid ourselves of the central planners get ready for extreme shortages and high inflation akin to Venezuela. It’s the natural result of the central planners. At least for the masses, never for themselves.

/ Push Mowers, Battery Vs. gas #50  
Both of my gas push mowers are giving me fits. Run one time, not the next, carbs, plugs, filters, whatever. I'll muddle through this year, but I'll be watching the season end closeouts that should start before too long. I know everybody has their favorite and most hated brands, but I've had decent experiences so far with Ryobi. What I'm not sure of is between 40V and 80V that some brands offer.

And I don't understand package pricing. I see one package with a 21" mower, string trimmer and one charge and battery for $400, but I also see a mower with battery and charger for $250 and a trimmer with battery and charger for $150 which means I could get the mower, trimmer, two batteries and two chargers for the same $400.

But I'm still not convinced battery mowers have the guts of gassers for taller grass. I use the two riders and SCUT for most everything, so the battery pusher would just be for trimming smaller areas.

If you are in one of 15 CARB compliant States it may not matter in a couple years, since battery will be your only option due to AB-1346 banning all small engines 25hp and under with some exceptions.

If interested in more and which States are CARB compliant,