quick-couplers - when are iso-5675 compatible with iso-7241-1 (A?)

/ quick-couplers - when are iso-5675 compatible with iso-7241-1 (A?) #11  
Don't quote me on this, but I have a vague memory that the ISO5675 couplers were originally from/called Pioneer, and originally with balls, and poppets were introduced later. Parker lists both as an option for ISO5675

In an older thread, @CJONE says that he has used ball to poppet often. (Hydraulic quick couplings poppet or ball type)

I believe that the poppet versions have a lower pressure drop for a given flow if that matters to you.

All the best,

Peter

/ quick-couplers - when are iso-5675 compatible with iso-7241-1 (A?) #12  
My Faster NV series are all poppets. (ISO and not ISO versions)

All the best,

Peter

/ quick-couplers - when are iso-5675 compatible with iso-7241-1 (A?) #13  
5765 and 7241 are NEVER "interchangeable". That is BS. 7241 A and B are not either, they have different dimensions.

The ball or poppet is does not make it one or the other...a 5675 can have either. Do NOT focus on the ball/poppet when looking at the Summit chart (or any others).

I've not seen a ball on the 7241 series, but they may exist somewhere.

/ quick-couplers - when are iso-5675 compatible with iso-7241-1 (A?) #14  
There is no "standard" when it comes to couplers as Kenny said. Most of the time the ISO A series or 5675 are used and like he said they can have either ball or poppet. When I have a customer come in saying they are just the "standard" coupler I just take them to our "standard" row of shelves that have all different couplers! In each size we have 3 different ISO couplers that are different and will not couple up because of size difference in the connection. Then you have flat face and so on. CJ

/ quick-couplers - when are iso-5675 compatible with iso-7241-1 (A?) #15  
still struggling to get a clear answer here, but one EverythingAttachements rep said:
  • he believes that the connector they shipped (that's the grapple in the pic(s)) is the AG style, which would be ISO-5675
  • he thought that the one half inch size (specifically/solely) in ISO-5675 and ISO-7241-1 A were ~fully interchangeable
They do sure look similar, so I'm inclinded to believe this. Or disinclined to believe that the standards org would make it so confusing if they were not (hmmm... misplaced?)
I believe that you are correct.
I normally purchase the Parker units, I have found them with 3 different centers,
the ball style,
the poppet style,
and the poppet style with an additional needle valve pin in the end.
The advertising for the different ends over the years have mentioned easier connecting with residual pressure in a system.
I have found the poppet style easier to connect usually and the poppet with the little valve, maybe a tiny bit easier.

/ quick-couplers - when are iso-5675 compatible with iso-7241-1 (A?) #16  
I would never try to interchange couplers.

There are no "standard" coupler.

Most loaders I have been around use a 3/8 7241-b. I personally used 1/4" 7241b for my front attachments. Rear of tractors are most commonly 5675 1/2" couplers.

Just because somewhere, sometime, someone, of some different brand, got two to mix-match....doesnt make it factual across the board.

/ quick-couplers - when are iso-5675 compatible with iso-7241-1 (A?) #17  
All of my quick couplings are 1/2" and I have adapters for flat face to 1/2" Pioneer Ag.

/ quick-couplers - when are iso-5675 compatible with iso-7241-1 (A?) #18  
All of my quick couplings are 1/2" and I have adapters for flat face to 1/2" Pioneer Ag.

Just saying "Pioneer" is not always helpful, it's just a brand name like Kleenex or Zerox is, so it often gets used for different style couplers.

/ quick-couplers - when are iso-5675 compatible with iso-7241-1 (A?) #19  
Just saying "Pioneer" is not always helpful, it's just a brand name like Kleenex or Zerox is, so it often gets used for different style couplers.
OK, a bit more info, and I do stay with the name brand most of the time on these;

Pioneer Universal Agricultural Male Tip (1/2”), ISO 5675, Ball / Poppet / Connect Under Pressure - 8010 Series Nipples​

https://ph.parker.com/us/en/quick-couplings-hydraulic-up-to-3000-psi-iso-5675

and most of mine are 8010-4P-DC;
https://ph.parker.com/us/en/quick-couplings-hydraulic-up-to-3000-psi-iso-5675/8010-4p-dc

/ quick-couplers - when are iso-5675 compatible with iso-7241-1 (A?)
what I'm taking from this is the same as I came in with :) 1/2" will probably most likely work, but it may (will?) not be optimal.

Ok, so having a small tractor I don't want to loose any more pressure drop than I need - there aren't that many fittings should I replace some.

what fitting flows the best (lowest pressure drop)? (particularly in 1/2" size, but I'd imagine difference sizes stack up similarly?)