Real questions that you would like to get an answer…

/ Real questions that you would like to get an answer… #11  
Heat rises so keeping the basement warm helps but not that much. It’s better to put the heat in your living space.
The Second Law of Thermodynamics can be rephrased in several ways. Fundamentally, it says that heat always flows from hot objects to cold objects (unless work is exerted to make it flow the other direction).

/ Real questions that you would like to get an answer… #12  
In Ohio insurance is on vehicle typically, but you can get other drivers excluded.
insurance doesn’t require accident to be on road

/ Real questions that you would like to get an answer…
Ok, level 2 question.

I have 1 shotgun, 1 rifle and 1 handgun. How many rounds of ammo for each should I have on hand for home defense? And “as many as I can afford” is not a valid answer.

/ Real questions that you would like to get an answer… #14  
How did I get elected to prevent wild fires.??

And who changed it from forest fires.??

/ Real questions that you would like to get an answer… #15  
Ok, level 2 question.

I have 1 shotgun, 1 rifle and 1 handgun. How many rounds of ammo for each should I have on hand for home defense? And “as many as I can afford” is not a valid answer.
The minimum is one round for each. I would say 50 rounds for each is a reasonable number. It’s one of those things there really isn’t a correct answer.

/ Real questions that you would like to get an answer… #16  
The minimum is one round for each. I would say 50 rounds for each is a reasonable number. It’s one of those things there really isn’t a correct answer.
This is a good answer. The only thing missing is how much you need to practice with so that you are proficient with each one.

For home defense I would think the rifle would be better used as a club, after the close range weapons aren't enough.

/ Real questions that you would like to get an answer… #17  
Ok, level 2 question.

Really depends on your order of preference.
Shotgun is low usage for me, so loaded (8 on my 12ga ) and at least 2 sets would bare min.

Handgun again depends I like to keep at least 2-3 loaded mags for every pistol and enough to reload after shooting.

Rifle need way more info to make a call, bolt hunting rifle a box or or two but for an AR/AK, I'd want a few loaded mags and enough to reload. SO a few hundred, easy. Does not take long to burn through a couple hundred plinking on my range.
22LR we shoot lot, hunt, varmit control, kill to butcher and just plinking, go through 500-1000 every 6 months or so.

I purchase like I save (dollar cost average), set an allowance buy after shooting and to gain some every time I shoot.
Called the gun/ammo fund.

Personally I have enough hunting ammo to never need to buy or reload but I do fill a new box every time I empty one.

/ Real questions that you would like to get an answer… #18  
Ok, level 2 question.

For strictly home defense, for me a rifle is out and not a good choice. Zero rounds.
The rest is up to my wife who used to compete in cowboy pistol shoots.
Only a fool would try to break into our house if they knew how good a shot she is.

I would be there for making lots of noise with each pull of the trigger and hoping my shots made it to the target.

A couple boxes of 12 guage and 200 rounds of 9mm.

Last edited:
   / Real questions that you would like to get an answer… #19  
Ok, level 2 question.

Which one will you use? For the shotgun loaded with a sidesaddle is probably the minimum. Pistol loaded mag with spare, or loaded with spare speed loader. Rifle, very hard question as we don’t know what rifle.

/ Real questions that you would like to get an answer…
For discussion purposes, .30-06 bolt action rifle, .357 revolver and semi auto 12 ga.

I am asking solely regarding home defense rounds. Not for target or practice. How many should I make sure I have on hand in reserve. In this day and age?