ReGen YT

/ ReGen YT #41  
The DPF cannister is NEVER clean. The soot is burned off and the ash drops to the bottom of the cannister. It's always there just waiting for the ECM to sense it's full and derate the motor until you have it cleaned or renewed.

/ ReGen YT
David, To me it sounds like you are not running the engine hard enough, in todays emmissions you need to run above 2500 to keep the soot filters clean. Techs at most shops will tell you they are designed to run higher RPM`s, most Techs say run it like you stole it!

the issue is the YT is not reporting data back accurately. They say the average rpms is 1550 and I know I always run it 2200 rpm or higher.

Since I got it back from the dealer 7/3, I've been running it at 2200 rpm or more and it still did a regen after 13.5 hours.

Like you said, Yanmar just recommended I run it at 2500 rpm and see what happens.

/ ReGen YT #43  
What kind of work are you doing? Is enough to get some decent load on the engine?

/ ReGen YT
What kind of work are you doing? Is enough to get some decent load on the engine?

backhoe trench digging and grading a quite a bit of dirt with a box blade and bucket.

/ ReGen YT #45  
My YT235C did a regen at 32.8 but I let is idle for awhile
believe that is why it did a regen so soon. using red fuel
but only have 10 gallons left then back to trucker fuel

willy

/ ReGen YT
Ran my YT347 at 2500 rpm and above as Yanmar suggested. It regenerated again at 12.5 hours. I will be calling Yanmar tomorrow.

Last edited:
   / ReGen YT #47  
I'm still dealing with Yanmar with my re-gen issue. They say I'm not running it hard enough; I say BS. I'm run it at a minimum of 2200 rpm. It's been at the dealers twice and I'm also in contact with a Yanmar tech.

My tractor re-gens are averaging every 11 hours.

For those of you that have YT's, what is the average RPM you're running your tractor and if you haven't stated in relies, how many re-gens have you gone through?
I purchased a YT359C in April of this year. For the first two weeks I did nothing but move piles of dirt from daylight until dark. I used the a-b buttons to go from 2200 rpms while hauling to 2400+ while pushing into the piles. My first regen was at 96 hrs and my second was at 173 hrs. The tractor is now at 228 hrs. I have moved logs with a grapple, dirt & gravel with the bucket, brush hogged and mowed with a finish mower. I rarely if ever use the tractor below 2100-2200 rpm. If you are still having issues just for kicks, try running the tractor at full throttle for a few weeks and see if that helps!
Andy

/ ReGen YT
I purchased a YT359C in April of this year. For the first two weeks I did nothing but move piles of dirt from daylight until dark. I used the a-b buttons to go from 2200 rpms while hauling to 2400+ while pushing into the piles. My first regen was at 96 hrs and my second was at 173 hrs. The tractor is now at 228 hrs. I have moved logs with a grapple, dirt & gravel with the bucket, brush hogged and mowed with a finish mower. I rarely if ever use the tractor below 2100-2200 rpm. If you are still having issues just for kicks, try running the tractor at full throttle for a few weeks and see if that helps!
Andy

Andy, Thanks for the suggestions. Sounds like I’m operating my tractor about the same as yours. I’ve gone through all that, running at a constant 2400 rpm while using the backhoe, at the suggestion of Yanmar. Im always running it above 2200 rpm. The last 3 times it Regend was after 6 hours. Yanmar sent me a data logger to monitor the tractor and sent it back after 3 Regens , but the data wasn’t good. I have 320 hours on it and lost track of the number of regens.

Yanmar is sending out one of their engineers next Thursday to look at the tractor and take fluid samples.

Hope they figure it out.

Last edited:
   / ReGen YT #49  
YT235C regen was about every 30 hours 2 times
so far but that was probably because of too much
idle time so running at 2200 rpm now we'll see what
happens

willy