Regret a cab tractor?

/ Regret a cab tractor? #11  
If at all possible get the cab and a pole saw. It is so nice to stay cool in the heat and be warm when it is cold. Not eating all the dust is a plus as well. I have been known to come home from work in dress clothes and jump on the tractor for a couple of hours of work. Could not do that with the open station.

/ Regret a cab tractor?
If at all possible get the cab and a pole saw. It is so nice to stay cool in the heat and be warm when it is cold. Not eating all the dust is a plus as well. I have been known to come home from work in dress clothes and jump on the tractor for a couple of hours of work. Could not do that with the open station.
As I assumed there are relatively few negatives to getting a cab other than cost, needing more door height for storage, and being more attentive to tree trimming. Since I already have an open station JD, a cab on my other tractor seems like a good idea.

/ Regret a cab tractor? #14  
The best accessory to buy with your new cab tractor is a pole saw.
The worst bad habit you can develop with a cab tractor is moving it any distance with a door open.
I'd only had the new Kioti for less than a week when I reversed it into the shed with the door open. There's not a lot of room each side of the tractor, and the shed post and the door handle came together. The crunch of breaking plastic caught my attention!

The impact ripped out the lower mounting bolt moulding inside the handle, but with time, steel plates, small bolts and 5-minute epoxy, it's back to full function. I shudder to think of the difficulty (and cost) in getting a new handle.

So now, even out in the open paddock, I ALWAYS close the door before moving, forward or reverse. Good habit to get in to.

Bay width.jpg Door handle.jpg

/ Regret a cab tractor? #15  
If I had one it would be open station. Cabs are no fun in the woods. Number two it wasn’t really a question.

Now I’ve just got to figure out how I keep ending up on the open station when my son and I are both working the fields with them:unsure:

/ Regret a cab tractor? #16  
I'm looking at snowblowers and its interesting that most of the tractors in their videos are open station. Makes a cab look very appealing as there is just as much snow on the tractor as the snow they are trying to move on the ground! And as everyone knows that has a snowblower the wind is always in the wrong direction.
I spent 6 years in Waukesha. I understand. In Texas, I don't have to worry about real winter.

/ Regret a cab tractor? #17  
Well, it's not near as cold here than where you are.
Having said that. I bought an open station tractor first. I then thought I wanted a cab tractor, so I bought one. I now have open station and cab tractor
I hate The hassle to get in and out of the cab to open and close gates. For that reason, I hardly use the cab tractor.
If I were in the tractor all day plowing, I would probably use the cab tractor a lot more

/ Regret a cab tractor? #18  
Well, it's not near as cold here than where you are.
Having said that. I bought an open station tractor first. I then thought I wanted a cab tractor, so I bought one. I now have open station and cab tractor
I hate The hassle to get in and out of the cab to open and close gates. For that reason, I hardly use the cab tractor.
If I were in the tractor all day plowing, I would probably use the cab tractor a lot more

For winter tractors, we have one with a cab and one open station - but the open station does have a nice insulated 4 post canopy. Both are 4wd.

From having both, I'd say the "cab or not" choice depends on what work you do. For plowing or field work I'd want a cab for comfort. For general homeowner & landscaping work, the open station is far more convenient.
We've found that moving the snow can usually wait a few days for nicer weather and we use the 4wd pickup 'til then.

So if we only had one, it would be open station with canopy. We can dress warmly for a few cold days if it means working convenience for the rest of the year.

/ Regret a cab tractor? #19  
I would never go back to an open station.

I have a lot of old oaks and spruc/balsams, so I have to be a little careful. On the other hand, I don’t have to injuring my eyes with branches whipping my face. That alone is worth the price and any occasional inconvenience of having a cab, let alone snow and other inclement weather protection.

My mini excavator is open station. Figured I wouldn’t be using it in the winter or in rain. Big mistake. I hate that the seat is always dirty or wet and the operator platform is full of leaves this time of year.

/ Regret a cab tractor? #20  
I have one of each and they each have their place. The WM75 with cab is great for mowing in comfort in the Texas heat. The TC40DA HST open station is great for doing loader work and working in tight spaces. I had 2 open station tractors, traded in an open station Boomer 8N for the WM75. It was a great decision to now have one of each.