Replacing another Wheel Motor.

/ Replacing another Wheel Motor.
Is that a home-made bucket level indicator rod I see on your FEL?

Factory came with the PT ... Need to repaint it though ... Hard to see .. Can't wait to get this thing in prime condition so I can start ordering some attachments large bucket and forks to start ..

/ Replacing another Wheel Motor. #42  
Mine had the same level as well. I took it off. Drove me crazy, was never accurate.

/ Replacing another Wheel Motor. #43  
I had one on my IH2500b. It was useful on that machine because, like most standard tractor loaders, you cannot see the front of the tractor from the operator's station. No problem with that on the PT425. :D

/ Replacing another Wheel Motor.
Mine had the same level as well. I took it off. Drove me crazy, was never accurate.

I plan to get off the machine and visually check the bucket angle.. Mark it then repaint it in a bright color .. Hopefully it will hold it's position and be useful for quick reference.. I find myself standing up and looking to see the front of the bucket.

Then again until I get around to ordering the larger bucket. I am using the smaller rock bucket.. It may be easier to see the larger bucket. I'm around 5'10 You guys may be taller.

Being lazy here I know. Sure I can find it but what is this bracket for. Maybe for a plow / snow blower hookup or something?

Attachments

• IMG_7747.JPG
    IMG_7747.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 87
   / Replacing another Wheel Motor. #45  
It’s like the human tailbone. A left over from a previous version that somehow does not go away. It was part of the stabilizing for older implements before the quick attach came into play. It might still work with an implement but none I know of.

/ Replacing another Wheel Motor. #46  
But your tractor is weird. Is that your pto hookups with the covers on them? That would not last in my machine. Too many branches hit that area

/ Replacing another Wheel Motor. #47  
I plan to get off the machine and visually check the bucket angle.. Mark it then repaint it in a bright color .. Hopefully it will hold it's position and be useful for quick reference.. I find myself standing up and looking to see the front of the bucket.

Then again until I get around to ordering the larger bucket. I am using the smaller rock bucket.. It may be easier to see the larger bucket. I'm around 5'10 You guys may be taller.

Being lazy here I know. Sure I can find it but what is this bracket for. Maybe for a plow / snow blower hookup or something?

I’m not sure, but some of the older brush hogs had a second attachment point down there. You get a better transfer of force than with the lift arms.

I’d use it anytime that you are putting a lot of force on the arms; plowing, using the potato digger, etc.

All the best, Peter

/ Replacing another Wheel Motor. #48  
How did your wheel hub get such a bend in it?

All the best,

Peter

/ Replacing another Wheel Motor. #50  
As mentioned, that's for older units without the quick attach. I think they called it the 3-pin hookup. If you google a bit, you can find pictures of some of the older units and attachments. There's also a few on the "for sale" page on the Power Trac website.