Right Side Step Modification on Kioti DK4510?

kantuckid

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti DK35SE
This model (which I hope to buy new soon) doesn't come with a right side step which is often an issue operating in the woods in close quarters. I found an old thread where some one fabricated a step for there tractor in another model. Is there an area that allows a step, welded or bolted on? My question isn't centered on buying a step but rather if the tractor has a likely spot? I have the skill set to fabricate a suitable step. The fuel tank is under the platform in the area where a step would need to mount. No tractor to buy so I'll talk about it instead?:giggle:
Anyone done it already?

Clintock

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti DK4510 with FEL
I’ve got a dk4510. I’m 40 and I can step up on the tractor from the right side. The biggest problem is space between the loader control and gear stick.

Edit: before putting tractor in woods make a better guard to cover fuel tank. I used a 1/4” steel plate and no issues since then.

IndyJay

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti DK4510MS w/Loader, Grapple Prev: Massey 1250
I’ve got a dk4510. I’m 40 and I can step up on the tractor from the right side. The biggest problem is space between the loader control and gear stick.
^^^^ Exactly this + 24 years ^^^^
edit: (really not that big of a problem)

Last edited:

grsthegreat

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kioti DK45SE hst cab
weird, my dk45 came with steps on both sides. it seems like an easy build, but i wonder if Kioti sells it as an option premade?

OP
K

kantuckid

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti DK35SE

Edit: before putting tractor in woods make a better guard to cover fuel tank. I used a 1/4” steel plate and no issues since then.
OK, you can step up on the right side. How does that happen? Are you 7' tall or what?

deezler

Veteran Member
Tractor
Cub Cadet 7305, Kioti CK3510seh TLB
Shoot, I can make the step up on the right side of my ck3510 also, but i'd rather have a step too...

Seems like having a step there would mean less load on the fender grab handle or steering wheel when you pull yourself up into the station. If there is space for a step, it should have a step. Why not?

tomplum

Veteran Member
Tractor
XJ2025H
My little ride doesn't have a right step. Being Mr Helpful for the wife, I looked up the similar model NH on Messick's which showed an accessory step. They had 3 or 4 in their parts inventory and were cheap enough so I bought one. I will have to weld an attaching bracket to the pan support bracket. That'll happen when I do filters again this fall or winter.

Clintock

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti DK4510 with FEL
I’m just a shade over 6’ 220 pounds and if my fat tale can do it anyone can. Especially wearing a 29” pants. I wear 36”.