RTV ROPS - beware

/ RTV ROPS - beware #21  
It was going less than five mph. It didn’t hit anything but did roll down a hill. It landed right side up and we drove it approx four miles back to the trailer.
Did the driver roll with it, or did he or her bail out?
If they stayed with it, hopefully was using the seat belt

/ RTV ROPS - beware #22  
I've got to join the chorus of the shocked that a ROPS, or even what buyers would assume is a ROPs, would fare so poorly. Multiple rollovers or not.

Now the ROPS on my B2601 looks heavy enough that collapse wouldn't happen. Having written that, I can only hope Kubota figures you may have loaded tires and a weight box in addition to tractor weight.

/ RTV ROPS - beware #23  
Looks like the front passenger side pillar broke right about where there is normally a grab handle welded on. Without more information I wouldn't conclude anything, but offhand, when that breaks you are down to three pillars and the ROPS won't be able to resist loads nearly as well. It folded up just like I'd expect with that particular pillar gone.

/ RTV ROPS - beware #24  
This is what it would have looked like before, seems like it broke near one side of the grab handle.

Screen Shot 2021-12-09 at 9.43.57 AM.png

/ RTV ROPS - beware
This is where it broke

Attachments

• 7E29884A-C29F-45C9-9AA5-D45272590760.jpeg
    7E29884A-C29F-45C9-9AA5-D45272590760.jpeg
    244.6 KB · Views: 255
   / RTV ROPS - beware #26  
This is where it broke

That is unlikely to be the initial/primary failure. That is more likely to be a secondary failure. I can expand on the logic if needed.

/ RTV ROPS - beware #27  
Can you get closeup pictures of the fracture on the upper end of the pillar, both at the roof/gusset and the end of the tube?

/ RTV ROPS - beware #28  
That diamond plate on the roof dosen't look factory.

I'm still trying to understand how you roll at 5mph? Even if a tire fell of a ledge and he over corrected, there isn't enough momentum to roll it. This comming from a seasoned ATV roll over artist in my younger years.

Tires are nice.

/ RTV ROPS - beware
I will get more pictures later the unit is currently on the trailer in route back to my house. The driver was headed down a very steep slope and the RTV slid sideways and rolled over from what he recalls it rolled once or twice and then threw him out and then continued to roll down to the bottom of the hill. I am not sure how many times it rolled. I think he was maybe a quarter of the way down the hill when the rollover occurred. I have some survey data along this path and I will look at it and see how steep it was I am not sure exactly but it was steep enough that it was sort of scary just to walk down it.