Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures!

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #321  
Higher volume is much better than pressure. Pressure drives the dirt deeper into the bark, unless you have major pressure and blow the bark off and that's something I don't like to do.

SR
Was thinking SR, about using the very low-pressure nozzle . . . :) .

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures!
Was thinking SR, about using the very low-pressure nozzle . . . :) .
I have 40 pounds of pressure coming from my garden hose which seems to work pretty well, although a bit slower than SR's firehose. I just keep flooding the log, then brush it off with a floor broom. I'm not sure what I will do this winter, but hopefully we will get enough snow so that it isn't an issue.

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #323  
High volume works best, and it works really great for cleaning out the tracks on the dozer too,

Case-450-Tim-Washing-Tracks.jpg

SR

Is that hose system a permanent setup?

Also, I've seen that same kid washing logs off for you. Is he a permanent fixture, or just somebody you bring in for photoshots? :D
High volume works best, and it works really great for cleaning out the tracks on the dozer too,

Case-450-Tim-Washing-Tracks.jpg

SR

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #325  
My buddy would come over and bring his two grandkids. They would almost get in a fight over who gets to run the firehose! SO, not wanting a fight, I'd "let" each one clean one side of the dozer tracks. lol The hose is hooked to a "gas engine" Kubota pump.

I don't wash many logs, but one time I took a job that I needed to log some 100 plus year old pines, and mill them for the guy. They were on a ridge on the back side of a big sand pit, and there was NO WAY to get them out, but to skid them through some sand,

IMG-2296-S.jpg

I pulled out load after load, and you can see how dirty they got,

IMG-0359-S.jpg

Anyway, I had a guy working for me and he would bring his boy with him, that kid LOVED to wash logs!! We'd take a break while his kid got after it. lol

SR

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #326  
The pointer on my log scale was annoying me. It obscures an inch and a half of the graduations when moving up and down. I noticed on some of the other woodland mills sawmills that they had a clear pointer so I made one out of Lexan for my 130 to try it. I like this way better. It was throwing me the way it was so this is a good fix.

20221111_105720.jpg
20221111_105930.jpg

Last edited:
^^^
I can see why you changed it.

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #328  
But should your new measurement line be at the top of the clear plastic?

/ Sawmills, sawmill buildings, drying sheds, and kilns... show your pictures! #329  
I may do that because I went to the top a few times simply because the old pointer worked that way. I caught myself before messing up a cut. I may try a bright red line right in the middle before I do that. Just messing around to see what works best for me.