Shop Lift

/ Shop Lift #11  
Thanks for all the replies and ideas I am really looking forward to getting the lift. I decided to get a four post so I don't have to get down on the ground to line up the lift every time I need to put something on the lift.
With a four post, you may be limited by the various track width of the vehicles you wish to lift, and obviously - brake/suspension and tire work will be more of a hassle.

/ Shop Lift
I didn't order the air jacks and I don't know how much I may need them, but I like the idea of raising the equipment up to working height before trying to jack it up if needed.

/ Shop Lift
I personally have a 10k bendpak 2post and a 10k mohawk 2post lift. Used a lot of other brands and styles as I worked in the auto repair industry for years, even did installs for a few lift companies for about a year.

Only accessories I have is various adaptors for the lift arms.

I've installed a few of the portable style 4 post, did you get sliding lift jacks or at least the trays that you can put a jack in?

Sent from my SM-G715U1 using TractorByNet mobile app
I did get the sliding jack tray, is that more for holding like a bottle jack and tools?

/ Shop Lift #14  
Yes, I didn't look at the Wildfire version, but if it's called a jack tray it's for putting a jack (typically bottle) in to lift the vehicle up to remove the wheels etc. They aren't as nice/safe as the rolling air jacks but will typically get the job done.

/ Shop Lift #15  
I bought a 9000# 4 post Bendpak about 10 years ago. I should have bought it sooner. I'm thinking about adding a 2 post lift this summer. No regrets and no accessories other than a 20 gallon drain pan on rollers.

/ Shop Lift #16  
I personally have a 10k bendpak 2post and a 10k mohawk 2post lift. Used a lot of other brands and styles as I worked in the auto repair industry for years, even did installs for a few lift companies for about a year.

Only accessories I have is various adaptors for the lift arms.

I've installed a few of the portable style 4 post, did you get sliding lift jacks or at least the trays that you can put a jack in?

I have the jack mount tray and occasionally use a bottle jack but the rolling jack was half the cost of the lift. I don't do transmission work anymore so I didn't think it was worth the $$

/ Shop Lift
I have the jack mount tray and occasionally use a bottle jack but the rolling jack was half the cost of the lift. I don't do transmission work anymore so I didn't think it was worth the $$
That's what I thinking to much money for how much I would use it. I may shop around and see if a different one will fit.

/ Shop Lift #19  
With a four post, you may be limited by the various track width of the vehicles you wish to lift, and obviously - brake/suspension and tire work will be more of a hassle.
With air jacks a four post is better than a two post for brake/suspension/tire rotation, etc. work. Biggest bonus is a parts/tool tray.

/ Shop Lift #20  
I didn't order the air jacks and I don't know how much I may need them, but I like the idea of raising the equipment up to working height before trying to jack it up if needed.
If the hoist comes with the rails for the jacks you can fab a simple C channel to span the rails, then use a bottle jack. I used this method for about six months until I scored my air jacks.