Small tractors doing big work.

/ Small tractors doing big work. #21  
I don't have a picture, but the International Cub Cadet was an 8HP tractor the size of a garden tractor, and you could use any implement,(scaled down) including a front loader and backhoe plow, drill, and 8 foot grass cutter, the kind that looks like a hedge trimmer on it.. truly well built and strong back then.. there are many still going strong too. I saw a machinist made one into a bulldozer, incredible.. and the automatic models keep on going, none of that breaking down stuff.. these were manufactured up until the 70's..

/ Small tractors doing big work.
I have seen some people take joy in forcing small equipment past it痴 rated capacity . It don稚 see the fun in early component failure and accidents that damage or destroy man or machine .

Oh I agree. I just liked seeing some of those little tractors do work, albeit longer timeframes get it done.

/ Small tractors doing big work. #23  
To each his own.... I regularly beat the snot out of my little machine, and it takes it again and again. I occasionally break it, and if so, I repair it. This little machine is very tough.

/ Small tractors doing big work. #24  
I sure like my B2320. It does some moving and grading around my place, but it’s purpose in life is to clear trails and shooting lanes on 330A of hunting land in NW Ontario. It’s turned a brutal 80 hours of cutting by hand into about 20 hours of pretty much pleasure, plus it moves big deadfalls & firewood and countless ant hills outta the way. All I’ve broken are the chain adjusters on that giant clevis, which will now ride in my chain bucket til needed. IMG_0629.JPGIMG_0599.JPGIMG_0627.JPG

what chain adjuster is that? You guys got a big tick problem there?

I hope this doesn't become a thread about how much abuse some of these little machines can endure and more postings by everyone to discourage the abuse. I just wanted a post to show the little tractors being used, with their tools, whether its plowing, hauling firewood, or any other attachment imaginable. As a kid I'd see some of the smaller tractors who showed their use, but kept on running well. I remember an old farmer home hauling wood with an old rusted farmall A. Every scratch told a story I'm sure. Feel free to post pictures too!

Oh, around the time I started coming up, much of the old farming home vanished. So a lot of the attachments such as hay bailers etc weren't being used. Maybe the occasional plow because people started getting away from their personal gardens too. There seems to be a revival lately. But sad to say, most of the time you saw people using their tractors home was to haul a trailer for firewood. I remember as a small child seeing the power take off on the farm-all and wondering what it was for. Some of these little tractors are really just an engine source that allows you to lift, hook up attachments and power them. A tractor without some of this is merely a pulling machine. But when you can attach something, lift it up and power it....its amazing some of the work that the little rigs can perform.

/ Small tractors doing big work. #27  
what chain adjuster is that? You guys got a big tick problem there?

It’s this, not really a ‘chain’. IMG_8264.JPG

First time it happened I thought I’d backed into something too hard using the bush hog, but second time it happened just raising the 3 point to reattach my back blade. It hits the big clevis, seen here with chain through it. IMG_0327.JPG

I don’t know if it’s a problem but there are ticks up there like you wouldn’t believe. Walk in tall grass etc before things dry up in late Summer and you’ll have a hundred on your Carhaarts. I don’t do anything there from early May til late August.

/ Small tractors doing big work. #28  
My BX2200 with its latest weapon. 55 gallon PTO powered spray rig. Boomless nozzle covers a 50’ swath and 50’ of hose and wand handle the rest.IMG_2161.JPG

My BX2200 with its latest weapon. 55 gallon PTO powered spray rig. Boomless nozzle covers a 50’ swath and 50’ of hose and wand handle the rest.View attachment 561947

Does that bx lift that drum pretty easy? What would that whole outfit weigh, 500 lbs? Is that something you made yourself or purchased. Funny you posted as I was thinking of a sprayer like that lately. Or just a water pump possibly, but same idea. Water pump I would have to be near a good source, lake etc.

It’s this, not really a ‘chain’. View attachment 561943

First time it happened I thought I’d backed into something too hard using the bush hog, but second time it happened just raising the 3 point to reattach my back blade. It hits the big clevis, seen here with chain through it. View attachment 561944

I don’t know if it’s a problem but there are ticks up there like you wouldn’t believe. Walk in tall grass etc before things dry up in late Summer and you’ll have a hundred on your Carhaarts. I don’t do anything there from early May til late August.

You guys can keep those up there...and 25% of those carry lyme I suppose? Jesus, you don't do anything up there between those dates, that's the whole summer. How do people camp and such with that many around?