something has changed re: photo uploads

/ something has changed re: photo uploads #1  

Dmacleo

Veteran Member
Tractor
2010 MF GC2400 Owner, 2012 MF1532 User
seems to be going on for about 2-3 weeks, when uploading photo using the media tag it was asking if insert into post as full or thumbnail.
now it automatically inserts as full, you have to click the small pic to choose thumbnail then delete the huge first inserted photo.
looks like its causing a lot of people to post with huge pics in the post.

/ something has changed re: photo uploads #2  
There are no more huge pictures displayed, they are resized to no more than 2500 pixels wide or high.

/ something has changed re: photo uploads #3  
You can always double click on a thumbnail to increase it's size if you want to. Me, I don't.

/ something has changed re: photo uploads #4  
And if you leave the picture in the post by disregarding the thumbnails at the bottom, the size can be changed by clicking it, put the arrow on a corner and pull it down to the size you want:

resize.png

There is also a resize icon that I have not tried:

resize icon.png

Last edited:
   / something has changed re: photo uploads #5  
I see photo's are again full sized and quite large, not posted as thumb attachments. I see some over 3meg in size.

/ something has changed re: photo uploads #6  
This "new forum" software is definitely a loser for me as far as posting pictures goes.

/ something has changed re: photo uploads #7  
What is your problem with posting pictures?

I think the "new forum" software is a big improvement.

/ something has changed re: photo uploads #8  
I've been doing ok with pics. It's editing text that sucks. "Undo" doesn't work for sour hen crap. btw, I prefer to edt out the full size pic and let readers click on the thumbnail if they want to see details

/ something has changed re: photo uploads #9  
------ btw, I prefer to edt out the full size pic and let readers click on the thumbnail if they want to see details
The new version works the same now if the picture or the thumnail is clicked.

You can make the picture display smaller in the post. See post # 4 above.

/ something has changed re: photo uploads
the point is not to long ago, with THIS newer software, the EMBED was not automatic. it would attach to be clicked by viewer OR after upload you could click thumbnail or full to embed. IOW it was not automatically inserted into post full size.