SSQA, From the Seat Release

/ SSQA, From the Seat Release #51  
Hi rScotty. Isnt your pin engagement visible from the seat if you lift the implement and curl forward?

SmallChange:
Lifting and curling forward is exactly what you'd do to drop the implement if it's not pinned.

rSCOTTY:
Yes. that's right. In order to see the pin engagement from the tractor seat you have to curl the bucket down - and then if the pin isn't engaged the bucket will fall off. In fact, I've done that very thing.
rScotty

/ SSQA, From the Seat Release #52  
There wouldn't be any extra "trips" with the scenario described in my post. You get off the tractor once when mounting the grapple and once when dismounting the grapple. No manual diverter valves required, just the usual 3rd function valve. Its just making better use of the 3rd function to power both the SSQA lock and the grapple.
The silence is deafening! Is it completely absurd to consider using one 3rd function and one set of hoses to operate a grapple and an SSQL lock cylinder?

Edit: The grapple and lock will never be used at the same time. The hoses have to be plugged into the grapple when installing and vice-versa. The couplers need to be "stored" when not used on the grapple so just plug them into the SSQA lock cylinder which will be used for mounting and dismounting other attachments. No?

Last edited:
   / SSQA, From the Seat Release #53  
The silence is deafening! Is it completely absurd to consider using one 3rd function and one set of hoses to operate a grapple and an SSQL lock cylinder?

Edit: The grapple and lock will never be used at the same time. The hoses have to be plugged into the grapple when installing and vice-versa. The couplers need to be "stored" when not used on the grapple so just plug them into the SSQA lock cylinder which will be used for mounting and dismounting other attachments. No?
The ssqa latch is plumbed in without qc’s. The only qc’s are for the 3rd function

/ SSQA, From the Seat Release #54  
Here’s kind of how I do it from seat.
Here’s a view of the 8’ loader bucket looking through the windshield from the my seat. It is supported by the top hooks of the bucket hooked onto the global quick attach bar. Note the pins are in their retracted position. I have the bucket raised to confirm this.

1670417373086.jpeg

Next picture is of the pins after they have been “shot” into the loops on the bottom attachment point of the bucket. I am done attaching and ready to roll.

1670417485989.jpeg

It really couldn’t be any easier. Its a bit of an upfront expense to install, but once it’s done, like power windows on a car, you’ll wonder how you lived without it.

/ SSQA, From the Seat Release #55  
The ssqa latch is plumbed in without qc’s. The only qc’s are for the 3rd function
That would require a 4th function valve in addition to the 3rd function valve or at least an additional diverter valve. Right? I'm saying let the 3rd function valve handle both. The hoses to the grapple have to be disconnected right? Just plug them in then to the SSQA lock when doing so for storage as well as function.

The grapple or any other function will never be required when the SSQA lock is being used and vice versa. Right? Someone please tell me if I'm overlooking something here.

/ SSQA, From the Seat Release #56  
You could do it with an extra pair of QDs or a manual diverter valve. Cost wise those 2 are probably pretty similar.

In all cases you'd need to unhook the 3rd function and either reconnect the SSQA or throw the diverter valve. To some degree that is a nice safety so you can't unpin the SSQA with a hose hooked up.

/ SSQA, From the Seat Release #57  
I did it on my tractor but I used a set of valves and tees. I have a third function with the valves open the third function locks and unlocks the ssqa. with the valves closed the thrid function operates the attachement. If you forget to close the valves when the grapple stops opening the ssqa unlocks.

cost me about 500$ instead of the 2500$ kubota factory option. I think I piggy backed on Fallon' thread about it but I can't remember if I ever posted pics or a video.

by the way 8 inchs stroke is just right but I had to extend the cylinder.

I preferred going with the valves route rather than plugging in the hoses for the ssqa in the third function qd's. the hoses to the ssqa are routed out of harms way and are never dangling.

npalen, what would you do with your ssqa hoses when you have a grapple mounted that needs the third function.

/ SSQA, From the Seat Release #59  
npalen, what would you do with your ssqa hoses when you have a grapple mounted that needs the third function.

I wouldn't have any extra hoses on the SSQA so the hoses from the 3RD function would plug into the grapple or the SSQA where and when needed.

Another option would be to run the SSQA hoses to bulkhead fittings mounted on the loader crossbar. The bulkhead fittings would have quick couplers installed.

A second option would be to use male and female couplers on the SSQA hoses and plug them into each other when not being used.

Edit: My thinking is that you have to get off the tractor to connect or disconnect the grapple hoses. So why not use that opportunity to reconnect the SSQA The safety factor, as you mentioned is that the SSQA can't be operated when the grapple hoses are connected.

I agree that a diverter valve in conjunction with the 3RD function would provide the same safety.

Last edited:
   / SSQA, From the Seat Release #60  
I see so your hoses would remain attached to the third function qd's and you would just switch the other end to either the grapple or the SSQA.

thats another way of doing it.

All I know is that it makes my life way easier. especially since my tractor with snowblower is a tight squeeze in the garage so the bucket comes off whenever I park it in the garage. sure is nice not to have to get out to drop those handles.