Starlink

/ Starlink #481  
Interesting, found this link, https://nextspaceflight.com/launches/agency/upcoming/1/.

For the remainder of January, there are three planned Starlink launches, two with 60 Starlink satellites, and one with 10 Starlink satellites as a Ride Share launch. The launch with 10 Starlink satellites is carrying satellites for other customers. So a total of 130 Starlink satellites.

If the Ride Share launch goes up this month, it will be the SIXTH SpaceX launch attempt in 2021! Is that really correct?

The 115th SpaceX mission and the 107th Falcon 9 launch.

A Starship test flight is on 1/14/2021.

Later,
Dan

/ Starlink #484  
How can they get it that far south, from what I have read you have to be between the 44 th and 52 latitude and Virginia is not in that range?

/ Starlink

How can they get it that far south, from what I have read you have to be between the 44 th and 52 latitude and Virginia is not in that range?

The article says the school has received the kits but doesn't say they are being used. The public beta test is scheduled to be expanded southward in the Jan/Feb time frame so we can assume Virginia will be included at that time.

A Virginia school district has also placed an order for starlink. They are hoping to have it running by Feb. 1st. : Starlink

/ Starlink #486  
I just received a beta test invite and am seriously considering it since Hughesnet kind of sucks.

/ Starlink
I just received a beta test invite and am seriously considering it since Hughesnet kind of sucks.

Comparing Starlink to Hughesnet isn't like comparing apples to oranges. It's more like comparing Teslas to bicycles. :) Congrats on getting an invite. There are 100,000's of rural folks in the USA waiting for that opportunity.

/ Starlink #488  

Congratulations!

I'm envious, and eagerly awaiting an invite or commercial use. We are farther south, so who knows when it might happen.

All the best,

Peter

/ Starlink #489  
I don't reward insanity, so if I ever get a reply, it will remain unanswered. I signed up before I knew how dangerous the guy is.