Starlink

/ Starlink #82  
So 11,200 more to launch. I think the Star Ship will be able to deploy many more per launch.

I was thankfully when the human payload arrived at the ISS the other week.

/ Starlink #83  
Seems Mr. Musk is now in battle win mode with the FCC about his project. They seem to have gotten approval to bid on rural subsidy actions.

Good for all.

/ Starlink #84  
   / Starlink
SpaceX Opens Starlink Internet Beta Test To The Public: SpaceX Opens Starlink Internet Beta Test To The Public

KEY POINTS:

-> SpaceX has opened the registration for Starlink's beta test
-> The beta test will be available in selected regions
-> SpaceX might launch Starlink's Internet service later this year

To be a beta tester and get updates on Starlink news and service availability in your area: Starlink

Hopefully Indiana is covered for beta testing and I'll be selected but it's doubtfully within higher latitudes. :) I signed up and got this email.

"Thank you for your interest in Starlink!

Starlink is designed to deliver high speed broadband internet to locations where access has been unreliable, expensive, or completely unavailable. Private beta testing is expected to begin later this summer, followed by public beta testing, starting with higher latitudes.

If you provided us with your zip code, you will be notified via email if beta testing opportunities become available in your area. In the meantime, we will continue to share with you updates about general service availability and upcoming Starlink launches."

/ Starlink #86  
Thanks for the link rekees. I signed up and got the same email.

/ Starlink #87  
   / Starlink #88  
I signed up with my zip code, but have not received email notification that I'm eligible. I'm in Northern New Hampshire. I wish because we are rural and struggle for internet access which is both unreliable and expensive here.

/ Starlink
I signed up with my zip code, but have not received email notification that I'm eligible. I'm in Northern New Hampshire. I wish because we are rural and struggle for internet access which is both unreliable and expensive here.

Speculation, they probably won't be notifying anybody about public beta testing until the private beta phase results are known? Their email said "Private beta testing is expected to begin later this summer, followed by public beta testing, starting with higher latitudes." By "private" I assume they are referring to Starlink's employees and/or independent contractors.

/ Starlink #90  
We know the Air Force has done some early system testing of Starlink. I too expect the private beta testers will be like engineers and stake holders.