Starlink

/ Starlink #991  
^ yes

/ Starlink #992  
Another batch of satellites went up.

/ Starlink #993  
My service has been noticeably more stable in the last couple weeks than it was the first few. They made a system update around that time and I think it has helped a lot.

Rob

/ Starlink #996  
Starlink sighted over west central Pa. last night, does that mean we are getting close?

/ Starlink #997  
Don't think so. Starlink 21 is expected overhead here at 6.27pm on the 10th May 6.52pm on the 11th and Starlink 24 at 6.17pm on the 13th.
Nothing going on here.

/ Starlink #998  
Starlink sighted over west central Pa. last night, does that mean we are getting close?
No, it is just that the recently launched satellites are in even lower orbit and clustered together that makes them much more visible.

The actual orbits are inclined to the poles, and the satellites are constantly in motion relative to the surface of the earth. They aren't geostationary satellites, so SpaceX needs something like a minimum of 1400 in orbit to provide continuous coverage.

Best guess is late summer/fall, but SpaceX and Elon Musk have added the caveat that service needs to be "stable". With the global shortage of chips, they may also be having difficulties sourcing chips for the dishes/receivers, but who really knows?

All the best,

Peter

/ Starlink #999  
Darn, I was hoping a good sign