Starlink

/ Starlink #1,692  
Little Bill, we have excellent cell service anywhere we go on our property.
I checked out the Verizon LTE site, They say our address does not have service available (I should mention our address shows up at the wrong place by a couple miles on google maps).
I went to T-Mobile's Site. It may as well be written in Chinese. I don't have a clue what they are offering or what is available, or what to ask for or how to even find out.
I also went to that Calyx site that you mentioned, Ponytug, I saw a lot of stuff there (including "This domain is for sale"), but nothing about internet service.
If a T-Mobil store is nearby go to the store and ask them about the Gateway wireless router.We had one and used it up north last spring and it worked great-untill all the trees leaved out and killed the reception.Only service that would work and only 1.3 miles from town.Bummer.

/ Starlink #1,693  
My daughter just got her Starlink hooked up today. She lives out in the styx outside of Newberry Mi. She says it's working amazing for her so far.

She sent me these pics of her antenna.

Attachments

• 260121504_419790496532178_4406708857349048940_n.jpg
    260121504_419790496532178_4406708857349048940_n.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 112
  • 262186143_292017556145998_8417569693217596374_n.jpg
    262186143_292017556145998_8417569693217596374_n.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
   / Starlink #1,694  
Little Bill, we have excellent cell service anywhere we go on our property.
I checked out the Verizon LTE site, They say our address does not have service available (I should mention our address shows up at the wrong place by a couple miles on google maps).
I checked out the Verizon LTE site, it also indicated no service available at my home. I went to the local Verizon store, they said, no problem. I got the service and am getting 32Mb/s down and 12Mb/s up. This is LTE service, there is no 5G service in my county, or the next county over.

/ Starlink #1,695  
I had to do something unexpected to get ATT wireless at my new place and I don't even remember how I figured it out.

I had called ATT and also went online and gave my address (the actual/official address) and found out nothing was available at my location. Really bummed I'd have to get satellite.

I then changed only the city in my address from Cheboygan to Inverness Township. I am in Inverness Township but for some reason ATT has my address with my Township instead of my city.

There are two major cell towers so I get five bars even a half mile back on my property. I'm so glad I was able to get it while folks in the cities might not think it's fast, it's by far the fastest I've ever had. When the kids and grand kids are here for the holidays everyone is streaming or playing games and it never slows.

Just tested it at Speedtest.net and I'm getting 70Mb/s down and 30 Mb/s up.

/ Starlink #1,696  
Well an interesting email Friday, my turn came up for starlink.
So, I've paid the full amount and it is supposed to be shipping now, we shall see.
It was a pleasant surprise seeing as how I had gotten the maybe next year email just recently.

/ Starlink #1,697  
Speed test yesterday. 200mbps download, 25 mbps upload. In past 12 hours I had 33 seconds of outage. Dishy is mounted on the ground, there are some tree obstructions. Once this things gets mounted on the house we should be golden.

IMG_0804.jpeg

/ Starlink #1,698  
My daughter just got her Starlink hooked up today. She lives out in the styx outside of Newberry Mi. She says it's working amazing for her so far.

She sent me these pics of her antenna.
If it's not too much of a problem, could someone take a pick of the "dish" when setup? I'm interested to see the orientation of the wide axis. Thanks!

/ Starlink #1,699  
Decided not to wait for StarLink as deployment anytime soon to my area is sounding iffy based on the website and the leaked email. Went with Verizon LTE 4G to replace my Centurylink DSL. Cost is $60/mo as I have AT&T for cell service, if I had Verizon cost goes down to $40/mo. My neighbor also went with Verizon and cancelled his Starlink reservation.

Speed increased from 4 down/.25 up to 50 down/6 up, which is max speed as the gateway is throttled. A Verizon phone gets 200 MB down at our place. The 50/6 is plenty for our needs. Also the Verizon Gateway has AX Wi-Fi capability which matches the Wi-Fi on our new desktops we treated ourselves to for Christmas. Bought 2 Lenovo computers with i7 processors, 16 GB RAM, and 512 GB SSD drives. That also made a big difference.

/ Starlink #1,700  
Starlink train sighted over S W PA over the weekend. Picture was on wtae tv.