Starlink

/ Starlink #2,351  
What kind of speed do you usually get from Starlink?
It rarely goes below 100 mbps down & 10 up. It sometimes as high as 300 down & 25 up. It averages between 150/10 and 225/20 depending on the time of day.

It should be noted that my dish has a clear view of the sky. Obstructions can reduce these speeds significantly.

/ Starlink #2,352  
Well Dishy survived it's first bout with Winter weather. We got 8" of heavy wet snow yesterday that took out my satellite TV service until I cleaned off the dish. While I was up there, I also checked the Starlink dish and there wasn't a flake on it. We'll see what this feature actually costs when I get my next electric bill however.

I was encouraged by the fact that there was no noticeable performance reduction during the height of the snowstorm.
(y)
I experienced a 4-5 minute outage recently during a heavy downpour. Coincidence?
What a huge country we (most) live in. Some are still shoveling snow while others are already mowing grass. :)

/ Starlink #2,353  
It rarely goes below 100 mbps down & 10 up. It sometimes as high as 300 down & 25 up. It averages between 150/10 and 225/20 depending on the time of day.

It should be noted that my dish has a clear view of the sky. Obstructions can reduce these speeds significantly.
About the same for me, or a little slower. No obstructions.

/ Starlink #2,354  
Well Dishy survived it's first bout with Winter weather. We got 8" of heavy wet snow yesterday that took out my satellite TV service until I cleaned off the dish. While I was up there, I also checked the Starlink dish and there wasn't a flake on it. We'll see what this feature actually costs when I get my next electric bill however.

I was encouraged by the fact that there was no noticeable performance reduction during the height of the snowstorm.
Thats awesome!! we have 60% of our county still without power. that was a nasty storm. Heavy, we had ironwood come down, ash trees you could hear shattering in the woods. Hopefully we will get power back soon before we loose everything in the fridge.....

/ Starlink #2,356  
As @forgeblast will tell you, it is indeed a majestic site:

Steamtown-Nicholson-Viaduct.jpg

It's in need of restoration though since chunks of concrete are falling off the structure.

/ Starlink #2,357  
I've been there, its a beautiful motorcycle ride up there. a bunch of builders are buried in that bridge, as that is what they requested if they died while building it.

/ Starlink #2,358  
(y)
I experienced a 4-5 minute outage recently during a heavy downpour. Coincidence?
What a huge country we (most) live in. Some are still shoveling snow while others are already mowing grass. :)
I have been doing both in the past week, mowing grass one day and shoveling snow several days later

/ Starlink #2,359  
are two good videos of the viaduct. Tunkhannock Creek Viaduct – Nicholson Heritage Association
they are finishing up a visitor center, which was the old trolley stop. I love that the bridge is not lit up at night. It really flows and fits the landscape. Its is still used daily by the trains hauling freight. A buddy of mine will blast the train whistle and we will flick our lights when he comes by.