Starlink

/ Starlink #3,621  
The conduit for fiber I put in on my street in November is now active. $79.00/month for first year(300mbs) then $107/month after that. Not sure what I'm going to do.
With some of the other reports for hard-wired ISPs we've seen around here I'd encourage you to connect with other current customers to ask about their real-world experience. If the ISP is over-subscribing, it matters not at all whether they call it "300 Mb/s" service (most likely they are going to say "up to 300 Mb/s"). The same can happen with any provider (Starlink included). Your best bet before committing to service or paying for installation is to talk to others.

/ Starlink #3,622  
Just moved the dish and ran the advanced test on my phone

the wifi and router Upload speeds?
Nice!

@Fixastuff, fiber should have much lower latency (ping) and higher average speeds than Starlink. I would look at who is going to manage the fiber, and see what sort of performance they are delivering for current customers. (+1 on everything @BigBlue1 mentions.)

All the best,

Peter

/ Starlink #3,623  
Learned about some new debug info in the app today. If you go to 'Settings', 'Advanced', then 'Debug Data' you can view some graphs that show ping drop rate and ping latency for a variety of things. This helps pinpoint where issues are located, such as isolating a bad cable. Worth checking out if you're having any connection/throughput issues.

/ Starlink #3,624  
Learned about some new debug info in the app today. If you go to 'Settings', 'Advanced', then 'Debug Data' you can view some graphs that show ping drop rate and ping latency for a variety of things. This helps pinpoint where issues are located, such as isolating a bad cable. Worth checking out if you're having any connection/throughput issues.
Yes, lots of great data there. You also can get information on whether the ping drop is between the router and Dishy, or Dishy and the ground station.

All the best,

Peter

/ Starlink #3,625  
Just got notification that we have been upgraded to Residential from Beat Effort. Current speed is 88.9 down/11 up.

I luv me some StarLink!

/ Starlink #3,628  
I've seen a handful of other posting same about notice of upgrade yesterday on various FB SL groups. Nice to see that progress.

/ Starlink #3,630  
Still waiting for residential approval. Signed up November 9, 2021. Did not opt for best effort.
Best Effort completely blew away our DSL. Can you still opt in?