Stellantis replacing hemi with 3.0L I-6 engines?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Stellantis replacing hemi with 3.0L I-6 engines? #91  
Funny how the most basic vocational IH or Freightliner has an in-line six and the most expensive PACCARs, too.
You’d think those high end ones would have the “superior”, more expensive V-8, but 99% of them dont.

/ Stellantis replacing hemi with 3.0L I-6 engines? #92  
You just made my case. Thanks.
I’m sorry you dont understand the article plainly proves my point that transmissions with more gears are to create efficiency/fuel mileage.
Have a Good night. Think about it a little before you nod-off. Youll see the light.

Last edited:
   / Stellantis replacing hemi with 3.0L I-6 engines? #93  
Funny how the most basic vocational IH or Freightliner has an in-line six and the most expensive PACCARs, too.
You’d think those high end ones would have the “superior”, more expensive V-8, but 99% of them dont.

Are you calling the bean counters at truck companies idiots?

/ Stellantis replacing hemi with 3.0L I-6 engines? #94  
Are you calling the bean counters at truck companies idiots?
No, Im stating 99% of all vocational and OTR trucks have in line sixes in them because theyre more efficient and last longer than V-8’s. Thats why they chose them, and thats why its basically all thats available.
6MPG is bad enough with a six. 4MPG with a V-8 is a lot less.
If bean counters picked V-8’s, they‘d be idiots.
In line six? Thats making a good choice on efficiency.

The longevity part saves money on rebuilds.

/ Stellantis replacing hemi with 3.0L I-6 engines? #95  
I’m sorry you dont understand the article plainly proves my point that transmissions with more gears are to create efficiency/fuel mileage.
Have a Good night.
Don't be so narrow minded that you miss the point. Efficiency is the ability to better do the task. If it can do it and burn less fuel, that's an added bonus. In regards to your truck's ability to pull those huge loads that only you pull, while everyone else pulls little loads, is the ability to do it more important, or how much fuel you burn?

/ Stellantis replacing hemi with 3.0L I-6 engines? #96  
Don't be so narrow minded that you miss the point. Efficiency is the ability to better do the task. If it can do it and burn less fuel, that's an added bonus. In regards to your truck's ability to pull those huge loads that only you pull, while everyone else pulls little loads, is the ability to do it more important, or how much fuel you burn?
Ah, I see your old grudge still got ya angry? Not surprised.
I run a Cummins in line six diesel because its efficient. My previous V-8s got poor fuel economy-especially under heavy load. At $5/gallon, and in-line 6 looks even better.
I run the automatic, because its the only transmission available.

I think you are deeply conflicted here.

”Modern automatic transmissions do, however, save fuel at higher speeds. Most automatic transmissions now have more gears than most modern manuals. More gears means that the engine can send the same amount of power to the wheels while doing fewer revolutions. That saves gas.”

Last edited:
   / Stellantis replacing hemi with 3.0L I-6 engines? #97  
Ah, I see your old grudge still got ya angry? Not surprised.
I run a Cummins in line six diesel because its efficient. My previous V-8s got poor fuel economy-especially under heavy load. At $5/gallon, and in-line 6 looks even better.
I run the automatic, because its the only transmission available.

I think you are deeply conflicted here.

”Modern automatic transmissions do, however, save fuel at higher speeds. Most automatic transmissions now have more gears than most modern manuals. More gears means that the engine can send the same amount of power to the wheels while doing fewer revolutions. That saves gas.”

Don't humor yourself. I have no grudge. I am in no way angry.

Again, you are making my point. the engine can send the same amount of power to the wheels while doing fewer revolutions.

/ Stellantis replacing hemi with 3.0L I-6 engines? #98  
No, Im stating 99% of all vocational and OTR trucks have in line sixes in them because theyre more efficient and last longer than V-8’s. Thats why they chose them, and thats why its basically all thats available.
6MPG is bad enough with a six. 4MPG with a V-8 is a lot less.
If bean counters picked V-8’s, they‘d be idiots.
In line six? Thats making a good choice on efficiency.

The longevity part saves money on rebuilds.

I love how simple you are.

/ Stellantis replacing hemi with 3.0L I-6 engines? #99  
Don't humor yourself. I have no grudge. I am in no way angry.

Again, you are making my point. the engine can send the same amount of power to the wheels while doing fewer revolutions.

And whats the primary reason for less engine revolutions?
To increase fuel efficiency. DUH

You ever heard of CAFE standards? It appears not.

/ Stellantis replacing hemi with 3.0L I-6 engines? #100  
I love how simple you are.
And I admire your willingness to die on V-8 hill.

People are being criticized for trying to save efficient ICE engines from being taken over by EVs.
Youre trying to save inefficient ICE engines and fuel is $5/G? ???
Good luck with that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.