Storage outdoors

botayota

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3240Hst
I ususally store my equipment inside the barn or garage, but I am running out of floor space, so I am planning on putting my Brush Hog outdoors and leaving it there. I have some wood pallets so will be setting it on those, and I also will put a couple of tarps over it. Any other ideas for storing attachments outdoors? Should I remove the drive shaft from the Brush Hog, or just make sure it is well greased, and cover it ?

Clint

back2earth

Tractor
Kioti CK30
Tarp is good. Do make sure that the cutter gets enough air circulation under the tarp since it sits pretty low to the ground (even on a pallet). Will it be on a paved surface or bare ground?

If the drive shaft is not too difficult to remove, storing it inside will prevent blowing dust/dirt from collecting on the greased up parts.

Rutcutter

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L5460 4wd w/LA1055 Loader/ Rear Top and Tilt
Just grease it good and dont worry about it..

cowboy357

Platinum Member
I Leave all My Impliments outside , allthough I Have Plenty of Out Buildings to Store Them in , They are to Full Of junk to get Anything else in there , Including Wasps :eek: .

On The Bushhog & Finish Mower Decks I Just Make sure All The Grass is Off of them, & Put a Trashbag over the End of the PTO shaft with a tye rap . The Post hole digger Is Just Hanging From a Tree & Also the Shaft is Covered .

I Do Try to Keep the Tractors Inside in the Winter though Where its Warm , So Its not so Hard on Them When Needed for Snow Removal . Works for Me so far . Bob

Soundguy

Old Timer
Tractor
RK 55HC,ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC
If it has a stump jumper and an access hole inthe deck to get at the blade bolts, stuff a racket ball into the hole to keep water from pooing inthe stump jumper.. if you remove the drive shaft. a bucket makes a great gearbox cover!

soundguy