Subcompact for hilly 3-acre

/ Subcompact for hilly 3-acre #92  
Rim Guard weighs about 11#/gallon and according to this chart the tires will hold about 11 gallons so that is and about 120# on each wheel.

The chart I linked is for a different type of fill. The first link has weights of various types of fill.

I was looking into this when I was going to take my wheels off to see if I thought I could lift them if they fell over. I figured that each wheel was a total of about 200# and that me and my helper should be able to stand it up if it fell over. But they didn't, the wheels pretty much stand up on their own on a flat surface.
Thank you! That is more than I expected, so it would be worth it. The Heavy Hitch and weights aren't due until about April 8-9. We've got a lot of rain in the forecast between now and then anyway, but I do need to get some dirt down, graded, and then seeded.

/ Subcompact for hilly 3-acre #93  
   / Subcompact for hilly 3-acre
Taking delivery on a GC1723EB with factory forks tomorrow. Wheel spacers already on their way. Thanks for the help everyone.

/ Subcompact for hilly 3-acre #95  
^^^^
Awesome! Congratulations!
Post some pics when it arrives!

Mike

/ Subcompact for hilly 3-acre #96  
Really glad I bought this!

Found a place in town the load the tires. They sell a different color tractor but I'll take the wheels off, drop them in the morning, and pick them up later in the day--and have someone help me load them most likely since it sounds like they'll be around 140-150 pounds each. I see a much less sore back and arms for the rest of my life.

/ Subcompact for hilly 3-acre #97  
^^^^
It's well worth the trouble!

Mike

/ Subcompact for hilly 3-acre #98  
Rim Guard weighs about 11#/gallon and according to this chart the tires will hold about 11 gallons so that is and about 120# on each wheel.

The chart I linked is for a different type of fill. The first link has weights of various types of fill.

I was looking into this when I was going to take my wheels off to see if I thought I could lift them if they fell over. I figured that each wheel was a total of about 200# and that me and my helper should be able to stand it up if it fell over. But they didn't, the wheels pretty much stand up on their own on a flat surface.
I had my tires filled and they now weight 109.6 pounds a piece, which sure seemed to help today moving 10 tons of dirt and about a ton of large rocks. I rigged up some rear ballast on the 3pt using a draw bar, sand bags, heavy cardboard, 1x4's, and some tie downs, probably 225#. It'll do until my Heavy Hitch and 440# of weights get here, hopefully next week since they shipped yesterday.

It was a whole new tractor today! The bounce just going across the yard is gone and I rarely needed 4WD even with the FEL loaded up. Thanks for the advice on weight all!