Surprise 1023e owner looking for advice.

/ Surprise 1023e owner looking for advice. #21  
OP bought himself a Johnny...

Enjoy your fluid changes and grease jobs...
Hey what's your main deal on this website to criticize everyones tractor choice? Weird to say the least..To the OP nice tractor ENJOY

/ Surprise 1023e owner looking for advice. #22  
Hey what's your main deal on this website to criticize everyones tractor choice? Weird to say the least..To the OP nice tractor ENJOY
I said nothing critical.

/ Surprise 1023e owner looking for advice. #23  
I said nothing critical.
To funny states the one who criticizes anyone who does not buy a kubota tractor.Your story go with it.You will do great here.:poop:

/ Surprise 1023e owner looking for advice. #24  
Beware of the fuel shutoff valve if it operates the way it did on the 2013 model 1025R that I had. I accidently hit it with my right foot one day and shut the fuel off.

The fuel shutoff works the opposite on the 2025R, and it is too far to hit with ones foot and somewhat protected by the hood mechanism there.

/ Surprise 1023e owner looking for advice.
Beware of the fuel shutoff valve if it operates the way it did on the 2013 model 1025R that I had. I accidently hit it with my right foot one day and shut the fuel off.......

Thanks Ralph, I've noticed how things in the foot area are smaller and closer together than they are on my bigger tractor, but never would have expected hitting the fuel shutoff to be a possibility. I'll take a look at that today to see if my size 13's can hit that lever.

Thank you, Coobie. I decided that this is the year that I'm going to break my boys in on snow removal. Using the smaller, lighter machine should reduce the damage potential. My 12 and 13 year old boys are pretty excited about these latest acquisitions. I'm not concerned at all whether others approve of the brand. My decision making matrix is pretty simple on brands. I like tractors that are priced well, suit my uses, and have dealers within 30 minutes of my house. I don't enjoy having to drive far after work or on a Saturday morning for things I need. Another thing I do not enjoy is belittling others for purchasing decisions they've made after assessing their own needs. Hopefully the CoThG guy was sincere in not being critical. I haven't seen enough of his posts to know.

Last edited:
   / Surprise 1023e owner looking for advice. #27  
Thank you, Coobie. I decided that this is the year that I'm going to break my boys in on snow removal. Using the smaller, lighter machine should reduce the damage potential. My 12 and 13 year old boys are pretty excited about these latest acquisitions. I'm not concerned at all whether others approve of the brand. My decision making matrix is pretty simple on brands. I like tractors that are priced well, suit my uses, and have dealers within 30 minutes of my house. I don't enjoy having to drive far after work or on a Saturday morning for things I need. Another thing I do not enjoy is belittling others for purchasing decisions they've made after assessing their own needs. Hopefully the CoThG guy was sincere in not being critical. I haven't seen enough of his posts to know.
Great idea to get kids involved at a early age builds great work ethic.(y) Enjoy your new machine for years to come.

/ Surprise 1023e owner looking for advice. #28  
Congrats on your tractor purchase! You apprentice looks excited lol

/ Surprise 1023e owner looking for advice. #29  
Introduced my boys to the Wheel Horse 8hp lawn tractor when they were 5 and 7 yrs old. At first could just run around the property with it, starting and stopping with just the key switch with the tractor in low gear.
Not long, they wanted to mow the lawn. Then moved on up to a bigger lawn tractor.. was a seamless transition to driving the car. The grand kids learned early driving the 4x2 Gator and did very well with that, and had a great deal of fun with it.

I have another question for you experienced owners: What type of oil is specified for the front axle?

I decided to change mine last night since I had a new gallon of standard hygard on the shelf. (I did use low-vis on the transmission). But, the stuff that came out looked a little thicker than the stuff I was putting back in. After I was done I went to the manual to see if I messed up, but didn’t see a listed spec for the front axle oil. It only had capacity and the interval listed. Did I miss it?