Surprise 1023e owner looking for advice.

/ Surprise 1023e owner looking for advice.
No personal experience but I have read where people say they get a little loose from using it as a handle to pull yourself up on the tractor.

That’s probably a good possibility for the cause of the issue. The original owner was more advanced in years. So he probably leaned on it a few times in the 7 years he owned it. It’s a relatively small amount of movement and the steering functions fine. I would just prefer that the steering wheel and shaft didn’t have a noticeable wiggle. I’ll probably try to find a manual or parts diagram to see what would be involved in making it imperceptible again.

/ Surprise 1023e owner looking for advice. #42  
I own a 2025r that sits up higher than a 1 series, so they put a step on it. I don’t thing the 1 series has a step, hence it’s more likely someone will yank themselves up using the steering wheel.

/ Surprise 1023e owner looking for advice.
So I have had this thing a full year now and I like it. I'm not planning to be without one of these little machines again if I can avoid it. The load-n-go is one of of my favorite add-ons.

But now I'm thinking about getting a quick hitch and either a snowblower or blade for the front. We used the push box and back blade for snow removal last year. But, I definitely prefer the angle blade on the front rather than the rear. And I'm teetering on the edge of trying a front mount snow blower. Price and availability may dictate which option is feasible for this year.

Do any of you experienced owners have good or bad feedback for me on the front quick hitch setup for the 10 series? What should I know before I start down this road?

Attachments

• 20220504_222716846_iOS (4).jpg
    20220504_222716846_iOS (4).jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 66
  • 20220504_235641180_iOS (2).jpg
    20220504_235641180_iOS (2).jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 61
   / Surprise 1023e owner looking for advice. #44  
The only negative I can think of for a front mount blower is the cost, they aren’t cheap. I’ve stuck with a rear blade and the FEL. I know someone that found a front mount blower and the hardware used.

/ Surprise 1023e owner looking for advice. #45  
I've never understood a MMM tractor. A zero turn and a tractor combination is the best combination.

/ Surprise 1023e owner looking for advice. #46  
When it comes to the BX I was a happy owner, overall. But the biggest thing about it I disliked was taking the deck on and off. There were some other smaller items I thought could be improved upon too. But my BX developed a vibration while the mid pto and mower were in use. I chased it around with no luck, which involved several removals of the deck. So, I got a little fed up and sold it. Since I bought it used, I was fortunate enough to sell it for a small profit. The new owner wanted it for stuff other than mowing, so it worked out for everyone.

It was my grass cutter, so I picked up a rider with a 54” deck to mow with. That is not as fast and doesn’t cut as good as the BX. Mowing this year took more time and fuel. I also lost the handiness of having a small loader around. And I have a small trailer that I towed behind the BX that’s a little too much for the rider. So I really missed having the BX this past summer. It was overall a very good machine and handy to have around.

My wife took it upon herself to help fix this for me. She really is the best. I can’t begin to give her enough credit for making life better. My advice to any guy looking to marry is to find a woman that genuinely wants to make you happy, marry her and try your best to do the same for her. If you’re both trying to make the other’s life better you can’t go wrong.
If you are happy with a wife telling you what to do all the time. :ROFLMAO:
Personally in my household, a happy husband is a contented household.

/ Surprise 1023e owner looking for advice. #47  
I had a JD650 with a front mount blower for 25 years and loved it (lost it in a fire), but, that tractor was only practical with a front blower, the 1025 is different. Having the hydrostatic transmission means that you can run at the optimum speed in either direction. The manual transmission of the 650 meant only "high" or "low" in reverse. Blowing in "high" was unlikely, so all rear blowing in low, which was too slow often. But with the hydrostatic transmission, you can blow in reverse at whatever speed works.

So, I reconfigured the front blower to be three point rear, and bought a quick attach front blade, and it's the perfect combination. I mostly plow, because it's fast, then blow whatever I cannot plow. If I get in really deep, I can swap on the bucket to bucket snow away. But the front blade works pretty well to stack a high snow pile.

I had already installed a third function hydraulic valve at the rear, which is needed to swing the blower chute.

The 1025R will not run tire chains, but so far, it's been okay without them.

/ Surprise 1023e owner looking for advice. #48  
I've never understood a MMM tractor. A zero turn and a tractor combination is the best combination.
Having a zero-turn for the first time this year, I concur it sure is nice to have a dedicated mower designed specifically for just that.

But there are benefits to having a mid mount deck for a scut tractor, if even it's just having one less machine to maintain.

/ Surprise 1023e owner looking for advice. #49  
So I have had this thing a full year now and I like it. I'm not planning to be without one of these little machines again if I can avoid it. The load-n-go is one of of my favorite add-ons.

But now I'm thinking about getting a quick hitch and either a snowblower or blade for the front. We used the push box and back blade for snow removal last year. But, I definitely prefer the angle blade on the front rather than the rear. And I'm teetering on the edge of trying a front mount snow blower. Price and availability may dictate which option is feasible for this year.

Do any of you experienced owners have good or bad feedback for me on the front quick hitch setup for the 10 series? What should I know before I start down this road?
I fabbed together my plow, using a Craftsman snow blade from my garden tractor, welded onto a SSQI plate. It works out real good. But I will say, at least on my property, I wish I had a snow pusher. One day I'll either buy one or will build it myself.

/ Surprise 1023e owner looking for advice. #50  
Having a zero-turn for the first time this year, I concur it sure is nice to have a dedicated mower designed specifically for just that.

But there are benefits to having a mid mount deck for a scut tractor, if even it's just having one less machine to maintain.
What is the benefit beyond only having one machine? Because if you take off the MMM you still have to store it.