Surprise 1023e owner looking for advice.

/ Surprise 1023e owner looking for advice. #61  
A while back I was tired of my Kubota BX2370 and sold it. There were a couple things about it that were aggravating so it was time to go. Several months have passed since then and I have missed having a little tractor around. My wife apparently heard about it enough. The other day she sent me a listing for a used 1023e with 175 hours on it and located only 5 miles from our house. She even went as far as contacting the seller and getting us first in line to look at it. So off we went to look. My wife even went with me. It was real clean and looked legit, and was priced basically the same as what I got out of the Kubota. So about three hours later it was back home at my house and tucked safely in the barn. I’ve honestly not researched these at all. But, when the wife says to buy the tractor, I buy the tractor. So, what are the quirks? What do I need to know about these things?
Wow you're lucky! My wife would never tell me to buy a tractor even though she benefits from one routinely.

/ Surprise 1023e owner looking for advice. #62  

milkman636, where did you get the support legs/ caster assemblies/ that mount to mower deck to hold it up vertically? I have been contemplating that for some time. I have the 72" deck and I assume they would work also. Thanks in advance.

It's really easy to make your own. Just takes some 1/2" pipe, threaded rod, and wheels.

/ Surprise 1023e owner looking for advice.
Don't you also have a 38hp hst tractor?
Yes, but its not for mowing. I tried one year with a 72" rear discharge finish mower. It's too tall. It's also my go to machine for any big snows.

My goal for the small tractor right now is to come up with a better solution for quick clean up of the lighter and moderate snows. I'm trying to get it to where one of us can hop on and quickly knock the job out before the first bus shows up at 6:45 in the morning. The 1023e with a push box and back blade isn't quite as good as I think it can be if I get the right combination on it.

milkman636, where did you get the support legs/ caster assemblies/ that mount to mower deck to hold it up vertically? I have been contemplating that for some time. I have the 72" deck and I assume they would work also. Thanks in advance.

They are from Mudds Customs. They work great and store away on a shelf easily when the deck is on the tractor. I see they are still on their website, but they have gone up a bit in pricing from a year ago.

/ Surprise 1023e owner looking for advice. #67  
They are from Mudds Customs. They work great and store away on a shelf easily when the deck is on the tractor. I see they are still on their website, but they have gone up a bit in pricing from a year ago.

They have them listed but they have been out of stock for ever...

/ Surprise 1023e owner looking for advice. #68  
Milkman636 and GeneV thanks for the info.

/ Surprise 1023e owner looking for advice. #69  
Milkman636 and GeneV thanks for the info.
Oldtimer, here's a vid I made on it. Looking at it now, I think it's kinda boring, but whatever...maybe you'll find it useful.

Two things I like most about these little tractors is how handy they are and the amount of stuff that’s available to make them better.

I scored this upgrade on Amazon for $60 with all the nuts, bolts, washers, and hitch pin included. Drill 6 holes and bam! I’m moving and parking trailers around my yard like a surgeon in under 30 minutes…..it’s a nice improvement over backing up.

IMG_7005.JPG
IMG_7009.JPG