T-MOBILE is a horror show

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / T-MOBILE is a horror show #12  
Sorry to hear that. I’ve had T-Mobile for at least 10 years. Their call service coverage area is spotty if you see corn fields, but it gets better each year. I’ve always found their customer service to be outstanding.

I can’t say if they offer an email account with a valid phone number, as I‘ve never inquired about it. If they did, I wouldn’t think they’d offer more than one email address per line, though.

I know for a fact that I can email any T-mobile number and it shows up on that phone as a text message. All I do is put in the 10 digit phone number @ tmomail.net and hit send.

They are big on you having a valid email account associated with your account. That would be an outside email account, not a T-mobile account. I’m guessing they or you were getting the terminology mixed up.

/ T-MOBILE is a horror show #13  
I'll echo MossRoad on this. I've been a T-Mobile customer since forever. No real problems doing business with them, and I like not having data caps.

/ T-MOBILE is a horror show #14  
I have a T-Mobile plan through work that I now pay for... company phone that was given to me but I no longer meet company criteria for having a phone.

I went to the local store and said sign me up... I was told not available at my address but I am on a wait list...

I guess the more my neighbors add their name something might happen... fully inside the city... just poor location for signal...

/ T-MOBILE is a horror show #15  
I first got T-Mobile when I lived in suburbia, with strong signal just about everywhere. The rural area I moved to had nearly zero signal. None in the house, and there were 2 or 3 magic spots in the yard where I could get enough signal to make a call.
T-Mobile loaned me (for as long as I'm a customer) a femtocell, a box that hooks into my internet router and provides a robust 4G signal.

This has worked well, except when my Internet is down, which only happens with a power or system failure anywhere in the chain of microwave dishes that provide my signal. Still all too often, and in case of a wildfire I'll probably lose connection.

However, the signal has been getting better and better, to the point where I can hang one of the phones in the right window, and get enough signal to provide WiFi to the internet, should that be needed. Also getting signal in many places of the yard, and other places that used to be dead. I suspect that PG&E having cut down many big beautiful trees because they could catch fire from their defective wires, has let more weak signal reach my property.

/ T-MOBILE is a horror show #16  
I first got T-Mobile when I lived in suburbia, with strong signal just about everywhere. The rural area I moved to had nearly zero signal. None in the house, and there were 2 or 3 magic spots in the yard where I could get enough signal to make a call.
T-Mobile loaned me (for as long as I'm a customer) a femtocell, a box that hooks into my internet router and provides a robust 4G signal.

This has worked well, except when my Internet is down, which only happens with a power or system failure anywhere in the chain of microwave dishes that provide my signal. Still all too often, and in case of a wildfire I'll probably lose connection.

However, the signal has been getting better and better, to the point where I can hang one of the phones in the right window, and get enough signal to provide WiFi to the internet, should that be needed. Also getting signal in many places of the yard, and other places that used to be dead. I suspect that PG&E having cut down many big beautiful trees because they could catch fire from their defective wires, has let more weak signal reach my property.
Kind like me in Oakland... My work around is to use one cell as a hotspot from the dining room chandelier as this is the sweet spot...

I checked into T-Mobile boosters and such and was told no more...

/ T-MOBILE is a horror show #17  
Kind like me in Oakland... My work around is to use one cell as a hotspot from the dining room chandelier as this is the sweet spot...

I checked into T-Mobile boosters and such and was told no more...
Wifi calling from your cell phone replaced the boxes that connected to your router. If you have internet at the house and your phone is capable, wifi calling works well.

/ T-MOBILE is a horror show #18  
That you see no reason is not much of a statement. It inspires a loud spoken demand like "Who are you?" only with the attendant vulgarisms.
I see a perfectly good reason. Does that mean I should look down on you?

Anyway I don't like the idea of a Gmail account because nothing is ever free. You are paying for those free e-mail accounts. They abscond with every bit of data you put through their systems and sell it all to marketing people.
If you like that then that's just you. It ain't me.
I'm with Diggin' It on this. I haven't used an ISP's email in 20+ years...change providers and your email goes away. I've even had providers change their email setup so even with the same provider your address has changed, either way you'll need to contact everyone with your new address. No thanks.

No, Gmail, Outlook, Yahoomail, et al aren't really free, but there's no free lunch anywhere. I don't know what, if any info Google gets from my email...whoever they may sell my address to either doesn't spam me, or their filters catch it. An ad blocker on my browser gets rid of the webmail ads. I don't see a downside to those services. And you don't know what your ISP's mail server is harvesting from you.

As far as your complaints about T-Mobile, welcome to the club. It's not like any of their competitors are any better. Frustrating differently maybe, but no less so.

/ T-MOBILE is a horror show #19  
I should have said that you can use any carrier instead of ISP. You are your own ISP, so total control. Set your own rules, block whoever you want etc.

All Go daddy does is give you access to the net.
Not quite sure what you're saying. I thought GoDaddy was strictly a domain server, do they actually provide connectivity from your house to their servers, or are you still using an ISP for actual internet access?
Yes, you can set up your own domain and set the rules, but to me it's way more work than it's worth. If you have your own business it may be a different story.

/ T-MOBILE is a horror show #20  
I had T Mobile until this year. It is pretty good, but I think they are going through changes. We all had 2 year old 4G-LTE phones. About a year or so ago, ALL our phones dropped calls and were NOT usable for much of anything. I tried to call service several times. The last time, the call dropped 7 times and the first 10 minutes. He continued to call back, finally telling me that there were many towers around me and there should be excellent service.
I finally came to the conclusion that T Mobile was investing in 5G and using their resources for that and NOT maintaining the 4G-LTE carrier.
We made the decision to purchase all new phones - $3000 - to stay on T Mobile. We went to the retail store to choose new phones. Waited about an hour. Then, was greeted with this conversation.

"How can I help you?" ----"We are looking for new phones. I want to stick with Android. My wife is interested in the Samsung ZFlip." HE replied -OH, I would never the that phone. "Why not." He replied - I guarentee you it will be broken in 2 years.

How about the Samsung S21. I would never buy that either. I wouldn't buy any of these phones. "Then, What?" - OH, I would only buy an IPhone.

We left, bought unlocked phones from Best Buy, Changed carriers to Consumer Cellular. About 1/2 the cost.

My conclusion from the experience - I think T Mobile is a good carrier. UNLESS you have to talk to them about anything. At that point, you are pissing in the wind and just move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.