T-MOBILE is a horror show

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / T-MOBILE is a horror show #21  
ISP -- Internet Service Provider -- ( Internet service provider - Wikipedia ) AT&T, Sprint, Verizon, Windstream, Comcast, Starlink, HughesNet, and so on. They connect subscribers to the web. You cannot be your own ISP without some very, very deep pockets to be able to contract with Tier One network companies: Tier 1 network - Wikipedia

GoDaddy, 1 and 1, ICD ( Quality web hosting since 2001 | ICDSoft ) and many others are web hosting companies and/or domain name registrars. You can rent domain names and webhosting space to be able to do a number of things including managing your own website and/or email accounts.

There are also a number of services like mail.com and ProtonMail offering free or low cost email accounts. Some have more restrictions or limitations than others. Some like ProtonMail offer free end to end encryption, but also offer paid upgrades.

I have an unlocked Motorola Stylus on TracFone that costs me a whopping $7/mo for more time and data than I typically use. They're in the process of being acquired by Verizon though and I'm not what the outcome will be ina couple of years.

Last edited:
   / T-MOBILE is a horror show #22  
I’ve always purchased reconditioned phones, used phones, or hand-me-down phones from my employer up until last couple years. I’ve purchased 3 iPhone SE’s new, for wife and 1 kid, and me. The last one was the newest and is 5G capable. All were purchased through T-mobile. They were all $400 or less. Work fine.

We had a iPhone 5c at home for the house line. T-mobile sent us a notice almost a year ahead telling us that phone would stop working when they switched to the 5G system. So I retired it and put my iPhone 6 in it’s place and bought myself the SE2022.

Anyhow, the iPhone SEs are not that expensive. Don’t need the bells and whistles of the better models. Get a durable case and you’re good to go.

/ T-MOBILE is a horror show #23  
T MOBILE

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM

Five different service reps LIED TO ME and all the lies were different.

I wanted to get their 5G internet and have both our phones switched to T mobile AND get T-Mobile internet Email addresses for my self and spouse

Meanwhile, I got the “gateway ( it’s really a 5-G smartphone in a box with its own phone number) I got it up and running it was OK; FAST as hell but only as fast as the sending website so nothing was really all that much better. So even though OOKLA speed test said I was whizzing along at 400 & sumpin’ Mbps the sites I’d download from were slow, so the internet was still slow.

You need some help Sir...here you go.

First as Diggint mentioned just get a gmail or outlook.com account and stop wasting time with ISP accounts. Its stupid.. Why? Because you are then tied into that ISP and if you want to leave you loose your email.

Second if you are running speed tests and getting great speeds (do a few different websites for speed tests) then it isnt the ISP's problem. Just because the websites you want to download from are slow doesnt meant it is the ISPs fault.

/ T-MOBILE is a horror show #24  
I'm running T-Mobile home internet currently (alongside Frontier DSL)

It has some issues, sometimes the modem needs to be rebooted so that's sort of a pain but the speeds are pretty good compared to DSL. I would recommend them so far but only for home internet service, cell phone service for T-Mobile around my area just isn't as good as the other brands (AT&T, etc)

/ T-MOBILE is a horror show #25  
Wifi calling from your cell phone replaced the boxes that connected to your router. If you have internet at the house and your phone is capable, wifi calling works well.
Only weak DSL at home…

/ T-MOBILE is a horror show #26  
TBH, customer service (via phone/chat) right now is a joke all around. I've been on a merry-go-round with Verizon for a free replacement phone which I was due (because of them phasing out 3g service) since January. Placed the order in January...it hung in "awaiting shipping" purgatory for 2 months, and then mysteriously the order disappeared. Back on the phone with Verizon in late March, another order placed, again some issue, order never when thru. Back on the phone again, they got no history of the previous orders placed, but FINALLY the last order placed was a success and I got my replacement phone earlier this month. 6 month ordeal.

/ T-MOBILE is a horror show #27  
For those of us that live rural options are limited. T-Mobile Home Internet gets really good reviews from lots of people. It is not available at my address.

I have an AT&T Business plan. It is cell based. They say I am not supposed to stream with it. We stream a lot. They have not slowed me down yet. I suspect that is all based on how congested the tower near you is. Since there is not a lot around me I am good. I live near a highway so there is a tower near by.

/ T-MOBILE is a horror show
Don’t be cheap and do as I did. Go to Go daddy or other site and create your own website. My website is inactive as I have it only for the email feature. Call it whatever you want (Raul-02.com) and you are entitled to as many personalized emails as you want (Raul@Raul-02.com) plus it allows you to completely manage, block etc just as T Mobile does. Not that expensive and it doesn’t matter which ISP you use.
I didn't know about that at all. I'll check it out.

/ T-MOBILE is a horror show #29  
Kind like me in Oakland... My work around is to use one cell as a hotspot from the dining room chandelier as this is the sweet spot...

I checked into T-Mobile boosters and such and was told no more...
That chandelier - don't change anything about it, to keep the magic going!

I had one of T-Mobile's signal boosters, a Cel-Fi Duo+ (different than the femtocell), hoping to boost a weak but just adequate signal that could be had inside at one window. No matter what I tried, it never worked. I returned it to them.
Using the app Network Cell Info on my Android, I determined the cell channel and strength were within the specs given for the booster. I used the app to communicate with it, and it could see a signal.
I even brought it outside to where the signal was stronger, no dice.

So, you didn't miss anything with the boosters, and it's no surprise to me they discontinued them.
Hopefully they still supply femtocells, though. Without one, I'd be a Verizon customer now, paying more for less data, but having usable signal around the house and outside.

/ T-MOBILE is a horror show
I should have said that you can use any carrier instead of ISP. You are your own ISP, so total control. Set your own rules, block whoever you want etc.
That includes https as opposed to http and the higher levels of TLS in email security protocols. or do you do that yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.