Taco Soup

Origon

Tractor
CS2220
Hmmm, never tried a taco soup but I love Mexican cuisine. I will buy necessary products for it and will try to cook it this week when I have a free evening in my Thailand house. I am sure that it should be tasty. Will post a photo of my masterpiece :laughing:

Last edited:

OP
2LaneCruzer

2LaneCruzer

Super Star Member
Tractor
John Deere LX172
The recipe calls for 3 cans of tomatoes; I usually go with 2, and two cans of mild Rotel. Sharn Jean likes only one can of tomatoes, so it depends on who's making it whether we put in one or two. In any case, it's easy to make and good!

Tinhack

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford 3910, John Deere 420C, Kubota G32XKS, IH 2606, Bad Boy Maverick-60"
Hmmm, never tried a taco soup but I love Mexican cuisine. I will buy necessary products for it and will try to cook it this week when I have a free evening in my house. I am sure that it should be tasty. Will post a photo of my masterpiece :laughing:
Mexicans don't eat that stuff. :laughing:

Taco Bell has ruined the real flavor of a taco. And it doesn't come in a soup. :rolleyes:

MoKelly

Top Poster Of Month
Jefferson County, Mo, ... about 35 miles out of St
Tractor
Bobcat CT235, Bad Boy z-turn, Suzuki Vinson 500 and F-150
The recipe calls for 3 cans of tomatoes; I usually go with 2, and two cans of mild Rotel. Sharn Jean likes only one can of tomatoes, so it depends on who's making it whether we put in one or two. In any case, it's easy to make and good!

Rotel is great stuff. Seems like it’s been around forever.

MoKelly

Origon

Tractor
CS2220

Taco Bell has ruined the real flavor of a taco. And it doesn't come in a soup. :rolleyes:

:) Well I've never been to Mexica but I am sure that you are right

jjp8182

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L3560
Have a similar recipe I got from a friend - can be interesting to try different types of meat in it. He usually made it with either ground beef or ground venison (or a mix of the two). I've used ground bison and canned tuna (only one or the other at a time) to good effect.

OP
2LaneCruzer

2LaneCruzer

Super Star Member
Tractor
John Deere LX172

Perhaps it should be entitled "Taco Flavored Soup"? It was never touted as authentic Mexican cuisine, but as a former resident of New Mexico, I can say with some certainty that authentic Mexican cuisine is pretty rare, outside of Mexico...but then I haven't found many dog teeth in my tacos lately either.