Texas Spring/Summer Thread

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread
#6,551  
And the bluebonnets are in full bloom in my neighborhood.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,552  
Yep, we saw first BB's here 1st week in March.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,553  
Rigustafson, What is the best way to get rid of small mesquite. Spray the plant with a Remedy/diesel mixture or cut the mesquite off at the ground and spray the little stump?

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,554  
Rigustafson, What is the best way to get rid of small mesquite. Spray the plant with a Remedy/diesel mixture or cut the mesquite off at the ground and spray the little stump?

Don, no mesquite here in Colorado County but, our ranch in Fayette County had a bit. I had good results chopping them off and treating stumps with 25% remedy and 75% diesel.

We have a lot of yaupon, around base of oak trees, that we battle here. I'm using the Remedy / diesel on the cut stumps.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,555  
Don, no mesquite here in Colorado County but, our ranch in Fayette County had a bit. I had good results chopping them off and treating stumps with 25% remedy and 75% diesel.

We have a lot of yaupon, around base of oak trees, that we battle here. I'm using the Remedy / diesel on the cut stumps.

Thanks that what I was thinking. The spraying of the bush was only about 70% effective.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,556  
We had quite a bit of smaller mesquite the majority of which was eight to twelve feet tall and roughly an inch or so in diameter. In 2011 I cut em down with a DR brushcutter, let em grow back to about knee high, then sprayed with remedy and diesel in one patch and remedy and water in another. Mixed results. Skipped a year then sprayed again. More mixed results. In 2015 I bought Sendero and mixed some remedy and water with it. Much better results. Some did come back but I feel like I'm on track to getting rid of it. Gotta keep after it every year.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,557  
Yep, we saw first BB's here 1st week in March.
Yep, we saw first BB's here 1st week in March.[/QUOTE]
That is about when I saw my first bunch of BBs. Saw a June bug the other day and this weekend, at my daughter's in Manor, a Lady bug landed on my hand.

We went to the Austin rodeo and carnival yesterday. We had an awesome time as it was Chloe's first rodeo and fair and carnival. 3-19-17 Chloe Stick Pony Barrel Racing.jpg3-19-17 Chloe and Grams Before Austin Rodeo.jpgView attachment 5028763-19-17 Chloe Merry Go Round Pony Austin Rodeo.jpg3-19-17 Chloe Eating Ice Cream Cone Austin Rodeo Rebecca Looks On.jpg

The strong winds there gave me a spring sinus infection!
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,558  
Thanks that what I was thinking. The spraying of the bush was only about 70% effective.

You do need to apply the Remedy / diesel mix right after cutting, before stump starts to heal over. We're talking minutes not hours.

Learned that from past experience.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,559  
You do need to apply the Remedy / diesel mix right after cutting, before stump starts to heal over. We're talking minutes not hours.

Learned that from past experience.

:thumbsup: