Texas Spring/Summer Thread

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,591  
Wild flowers are weeds ....... with nice flowers!

I call them my excuse for not mowing. I have to wait for them to go to seed, then since it's too hot and I don't have a cab I have to wait till fall, then it's too dusty, then I figure just wait till February and everything will be dead and on the ground anyway. Then Spring flowers come and the cycle starts over.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,592  
I call them my excuse for not mowing. I have to wait for them to go to seed, then since it's too hot and I don't have a cab I have to wait till fall, then it's too dusty, then I figure just wait till February and everything will be dead and on the ground anyway. Then Spring flowers come and the cycle starts over.

Great excuse Don, use it as long as you can.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,593  
20170421_114230_resized.jpg

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,594  
Nice pic.

Attachments

• april showers may flowers.jpg
    april showers may flowers.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 92
   / Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,595  
Very nice!

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,596  
I just mixed up a small batch of Dupont Cimarron Plus in my 25 gallon sprayer to spray the bahia growing in my yard and a few spots in the pasture.

This year is the year of the dandelions...they grow so fast and if you mow them, they still grow back a "poof ball"...

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,597  
I just mixed up a small batch of Dupont Cimarron Plus in my 25 gallon sprayer to spray the bahia growing in my yard and a few spots in the pasture.

This year is the year of the dandelions...they grow so fast and if you mow them, they still grow back a "poof ball"...

Kyle, does the Cimarron work well on the Bahia? We have a lot of it around our house which we built in the middle of one of our pastures. You can mow and a few days later the Bahia is 12" high and yard looks like crap.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,598  
Kyle, does the Cimarron work well on the Bahia? We have a lot of it around our house which we built in the middle of one of our pastures. You can mow and a few days later the Bahia is 12" high and yard looks like crap.

Yes, but they recommend putting it on before it shoots up the twin seed heads, but I've applied it before with great success. I know it's kicking rear on the dandelions. It takes 2-3 weeks to really shunt the bahia. It is amazing that such a small amount of something can do so much. You can buy generic for about $18 for 2 oz. I don't remember what the bigger 8 oz costs, maybe $45?

Next up, dalis grass vs MSMA (I should've already applied it. Just been busy with so much.)

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,599  
Yall's pastures look great. Ours looks like a thin grass carpet and dirt. And clumps of mesquite I've been fighting several years. Does anyone else get bahai and dallis grass mixed up or just me?

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,600  
Bahia is brighter green. Dalis has wider leaves and grows outward from a central clump. Only MSMA will kill dalis in a Bermuda grass field. Of course round up will kill it but kills the surrounding Bermuda.