Thoughts on 02 F450 dump

/ Thoughts on 02 F450 dump #141  
I would get a dump trailer before a dump truck because of the rust the maintenance and the resale value just My option . Good luck

/ Thoughts on 02 F450 dump #142  
I would get a dump trailer before a dump truck because of the rust the maintenance and the resale value just My option . Good luck
Absolutely!
A dump trailer is much more practical and a joke to maintain compared to a truck.
Only get a truck if you need it

/ Thoughts on 02 F450 dump #144  
However if someone does not have an adequate vehicle to tow anything more than a two place snowmobile trailer, a used dump truck makes perfect practical sense or it did for me anyway.

/ Thoughts on 02 F450 dump #145  
Absolutely!
A dump trailer is much more practical and a joke to maintain compared to a truck.
Only get a truck if you need it

A dump trailer with enough capacity to do anything with will get you into CDL territory pretty fast and you still need something to pull it with. Before the dually I traded for a while back I didn’t have anything to pull my dump trailer beside my dump truck. Also I can haul my machine behind the dump truck and a load on the dump truck which I do quite frequently. With a dump trailer I’d have to go dump it then go back for the machine. A dump trailer isn’t very tolerant for overloading. You’re probably going to have to shovel it off if you overload it by any. The trucks will dump anything. A dump trailer isn’t all that tolerant of abuse either. The beds are overall pretty flimsy. The truck beds are much more durable.View attachment 789918View attachment 789919

Last edited:
   / Thoughts on 02 F450 dump #146  
A dump trailer with enough capacity to do anything with will get you into CDL territory pretty fast and you still need something to pull it with. Before the dually I traded for a while back I didn’t have anything to pull my dump trailer beside my dump truck. Also I can haul my machine behind the dump truck and a load on the dump truck which I do quite frequently. With a dump trailer I’d have to go dump it then go back for the machine. A dump trailer isn’t very tolerant for overloading. You’re probably going to have to shovel it off if you overload it by any. The trucks will dump anything. A dump trailer isn’t all that tolerant of abuse either. The beds are overall pretty flimsy. The truck beds are much more durable.View attachment 789918View attachment 789919
You are referring to the cheap, low quality dump trailers. There’s good quality versions that can last a long time and dump anything you want.

I don’t think the average TBN’er needing a dumping vehicle will ever be more than what a dump trailer can give them.

/ Thoughts on 02 F450 dump
Update: I bought the truck, plow and 2 spreaders in question for $2000 and a little driveway grading work. I did some repair work to enable the truck to pass inspection and be able to use it this summer. I also bought a new (used) cab and complete doors to swap over this winter. The truck has been very useful so far on several smaller projects and should be very useful on large a retaining wall project I hope to being next month.

/ Thoughts on 02 F450 dump #148  
I have 2 V10's, first and last! Expensive to work on and work on them you will. Coil on each plug. $100 per.

/ Thoughts on 02 F450 dump #149  
My v10 has 475k miles on it 2 original coils, 8 Nappa replacements. Don't seem half bad for 24 years. 🍻

/ Thoughts on 02 F450 dump #150  
Our 2002 V10 decided that rod bearings and oil pressure were optional, not sure which came first, but it only has 85,000ish miles on the odometer.
Coil packs all work though.
If anyone in the area is looking for a parts truck, it will be available shortly...

Aaron Z