Tip of the day.

/ Tip of the day. #21  
I bolted a piece of strap to the end of my log splitter to hold my hookaroon, less bending if a piece falls to the ground.

/ Tip of the day. #22  
Along the lines of marking filters w/miles/hours/date. I mark our car intakes (don’t have to look under them to find marked filter) with Date/miles, (old cars, no computer reminders) I also mark each one with oil capacity. I buy multiple filters at a time and mark the box as to which vehicle they go on.

Mike

/ Tip of the day. #23  
Hang an accordion(expandable) file on the wall for Vehicle Maintenance and whatever. Throw in receipts and info on what's been done and when.
IMG_20221031_151605.jpg

Last edited:
   / Tip of the day. #25  
Magnets! I use magnets all over the garage for sticking on things I use often.View attachment 768632
Don't always get to work in the best places...used to use small trays for parts but now I always use a magnet when disassembling something to keep all the little parts...still use a tray but the magnet helps when I knock the tray over...!

/ Tip of the day. #26  
Don't always get to work in the best places...used to use small trays for parts but now I always use a magnet when disassembling something to keep all the little parts...still use a tray but the magnet helps when I knock the tray over...!
Thumbs up on those magnetic parts trays. They have saved my bacon on several occasions. I am prone to knocking things over.

/ Tip of the day. #27  
Buy a freaken dish washer. :)

/ Tip of the day. #29  
You can have more than one dish washer. :) This is why garages have to have water feeds and electricity and their own leach field. :)

/ Tip of the day. #30  
I keep a binder in my shop for maintenance records. I made up a sheet with make, model, purchase date, serial number/VIN etc. for each piece of equipment I own. I also have a line for filter numbers, and oil capacities.

Each time any maintenance is done to something, we fill in a line with a description and date/hours/mileage.

Sometimes I will attach receipts for work done. Each sheet is inside a plastic protector.

I keep spare sheets in the back of the binder for when I get new equipment, or a sheet fills up.

This makes it easy to look in the binder and see when maintenance is due on each piece of equipment.

It also is handy to show potential buyers my maintenance records when I sell something.