Today, would you buy an EV vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Today, would you buy an EV vehicle. #532  
   / Today, would you buy an EV vehicle. #534  
I sure do see a lot of them and new ones all the time in not so common Marks.

Bolts seem to be gaining as saw 7 in my 5 mile commute today.

Toyota and Tesla dominate in the SF Bay Area.

With that said many shopping centers have EV charging and always room

The drivers using as around town city vehicle simply charge from home...

/ Today, would you buy an EV vehicle. #535  
i really want to get an electric motorcycle but the 18k and the 18 month waiting list is the only bit putting me off atm, no carby to block up, quite and mountains of torque,

/ Today, would you buy an EV vehicle. #536  
That may remain the American way.

Or we could do what Germany has had for years. Enact law that at end-of-life the car manufacturer has to take back and re-use 85~95% of what it had manufactured.

(The text at this link is in English):
Oh my, that will happen when bovines drink too much Red Bull and are levitated above our heads...lol

/ Today, would you buy an EV vehicle. #537  
Your car is already keeping track of your mileage. when your car is inspected, the inspection station will report the mileage to the IRS and you will get a 1099 and pay it with your income tax. Just a matter of time before a milage tax is imposed and you can bet it will be imposed on everybody, ICE and EV. Takes a lot of money to support a politician in the manner they expect!

/ Today, would you buy an EV vehicle. #538  
NO!

/ Today, would you buy an EV vehicle. #539  
Time to dust off the Model T… no speedo.

Or, maybe convert one to electric?

Attachments

• EC203341-0FD5-4B26-9C9C-09D8C93F54D3.jpeg
    EC203341-0FD5-4B26-9C9C-09D8C93F54D3.jpeg
    168.4 KB · Views: 48
   / Today, would you buy an EV vehicle. #540  
Time to dust off the Model T… no speedo.

Or, maybe convert one to electric?

Battery power autos are not new for Ford.​

As early as 1903, Henry Ford was aware that his friend Thomas Edison was experimenting with battery technology for vehicles. But it wasn’t until 1914 that Ford began openly working on a low-cost electric car. According to news accounts, the goal was to sell the so-called Edison-Ford for as low as $500, only slightly more than a Model T in the day.

“Within a year, I hope, we shall begin the manufacture of an electric automobile,” Mr. Ford told The New York Times in January 1914. “The problem so far has been to build a storage battery of light weight which would operate for long distances without recharging.”

Fred Allison, an electrical engineer, with a Ford experimental electric car. Circa 1914.

The batteries under the seat on the first couple of electric prototypes were capable of somewhere between 50 and 100 miles on a single charge. Ford was also rumored to be establishing a Detroit-based facility to produce the first Ford EV for introduction in 1915.

During this era, electric cars were particularly appealing to women. Unlike gas cars that started with a hand-crank, battery-powered automobiles didn’t take a lot of muscle to operate. EVs were reliable, and they didn’t produce foul-smelling emissions. Henry Ford’s wife Clara, who drove an 80-mile 1914 Detroit Electric, was an early EV advocate.

By May 1914, Mr. Ford said, “It’s coming.” And he was proclaiming an EV revolution in the works. “The electric automobile will be the family carriage of the future.”

Historians aren’t certain why Ford never delivered on his promise for the Edison-Ford car. Some say that he was pulled away on other projects. But others believe that the electric self-starter was the culprit. When internal-combustion cars started replacing hand-cranks with electric-starter devices, EVs were robbed of a key selling point: ease of use. So, despite Clara’s encouragement and an investment of about $1.5 million in his electric-car project, Ford shelved his plans for a new, affordable electric vehicle.
allison-ev-1920.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.